21// ONE LAST NIGHT

Start from the beginning

Jaelyn stood in the Macy's dress section, having a starring down Peter Hale, letting his offer make its way across her mind.

"I dont want to be a werewolf," Jaleyn said, those being the only words she was not unsure of.

"I didn't ask you if you wanted to be a werewolf Jaelyn," Peter began, "I asked you if you would be willing to sacrifice your freedom in order for Scott's. Think about it, you've always been willing to do what ever it takes for him, whats stopping you now?"

Jaelyn had promised Scott only days ago that she would no longer continue to put herself in danger, thats what was stopping her, and she had a feeling this most certainly counted as danger.

"You want to replace me with Scott?" Jaelyn questioned, still unable to fully grasp the concept.

"Indeed. It makes sense though doesn't it? I mean come on Jaelyn, we both know you are much stronger than Scott, much more prepared for this lifestyle than he is. Take the bite Jaelyn, if you think you're invincible now, wait until you have real powers."

Jaelyn must admit, the offer was temping to her ego. But she would never be able to do that to Scott, she had just got him back, and she loved him too much to let him go again.

"Ill think about it," Jaelyn said finally. Turning her attention away from Peter, she went back to eyeing the dresses, letting the alpha know that the conversation was over.

"Thats all I ask," Peter said smugly, and then he turned and walked away.

Jaelyn watched him go, and as he exited the store she knew that no matter what, she would never give in to his demands. Jaelyn and Scott would be together, and she would fight until her last breath to make sure that the alpha didn't get his way.

Clearly both Jaelyn and Allison had similar problems, all connecting back to the werewolves of Beacon Hills. Allison had just found out that here family hunted those werewolves and that Kate wanted her help hunting the others, and Jaelyn, well Jaelyn, was only one misstep away from becoming one of those werewolves.

"You cant become a werewolf," Scott pleaded, his eyes wide with desperation.

Jaelyn huffed, "Scott were you even listening to me? I told you I wasn't going to take his offer, but we still need a plan in order to get Peter Hale out of your hair and mine."

"Like what?" Stiles pipped up from his seat over by the window in Scotts room. The three teenagers were currently at the McCall house hold conversing about everything that had happened with the alpha in the last few days. Jaelyn had gone over her conversation with Peter at Macy's, and as expected neither Scott nor Stiles was very keen on this new change of events.

Still the teens needed to come up with a plan, and fast. Jaelyn had a feeling that Peter would soon be coming to collect Jaelyn's answer about the bite, and she knew he wouldn't react well when both her and Scott told him that they refused to join his pack.

So things were back to square one it seemed, and time was almost up.

"I think our best bet is finding out where Kate is keeping Derek," Jaelyn spoke up.

"and I think we should leave him for dead," retorted Stiles. Jaelyn didn't expect anything less from Stiles. She knew he wanted to believe that you could defeat all the bad guys at once, but sometimes that wasn't the case. Besides, Derek Hale wasn't all that bad, sure he had held back some information from the Scott, but it could be a lot worst, and at the end of the day he was their only hope for killing Peter Hale.