Chapter 10: Couple?!

Start from the beginning

"But.. It is still my fault. I'm sorry." BEN hesitantly apologized, pocketing the key card and avoiding eye contact. I gave him a bewildered look. id he just apologize?

"Don't look at me like that. I don't say that word often. Treasure the rare occurrence," he humored. "How do I know that you're not lying?" I asked.

"I don't lie." He simply answered. "I won't gain anything from lies." He solemnly paused. "Never again." He muttered under his breath.

Almost immediately, my head began to ache. My vision blurred and everything became white. I would have reacted so afraid if it wasn't for the pain in my head. Then from the depths of my mind, a vision played out.

***

"What's that behind your back?" A little girl curiously asked a boy who seemed busy reading some articles of paper scattered about a table.

The boy jumped and turned around. I... Can't see his face. His face is.. Blank. It's like his face has been.. Erased. Literally erased. But that was until I strained my eyes. It was BEN. A younger version of him, that is. Maybe about 5 or 6 years old.

"O-Oh, (Y/N)? Th-This is..." He turned his head to the papers strewn about the table then to the girl. "...Nothing." He lied. "It's just some.. Old junk my parents keep. Y-You don't need to worry. Come one, let's go outside." He said. The girl slightly cocked her head to the right in thought. But smiled and agreed. "Okay. If you say so, then it's just junk to me. Come on, I wanna go play cops and robber! I'll be the robber this time." She mischievously said as both of them had exited the room.

Curiously, I tried to strain my vision towards the papers. But like the boys face, it was all blank. But it seemed to.. shift. I could make out some letters. Maybe if I focus..

"(Y/N)." Another voice said. But I ignored it.

"(Y/N)." It called out again as I was close to deciphering what was said in the paper. But all I could make out was "N...:..(Y/N).. Ge...Pha...se..3....Non... Ote... Cheer..ful...A.. live..."

"(Y/N)!"

***

I snapped out of my trance-like state and blinked a few times until all traces of whatever the hell I saw disappeared. "What?" I mutter. I was back at the amusement park, with BEN. "What's wrong?" He asked me with wary eyes. "N-Nothing.. Just got a little headache." I answered. Was what that just now..? A vision? Two children.. I must be going insane.

BEN gave me a look, but didn't ask me about whatever just went down a couple of seconds ago. We continued whatever we were talking about.

"... As for Ivory, we have met before. But that was about a year or two ago." BEN paused. "But after, I never saw him again after."

"I'm guessing that didn't go so well." I remarked.

"At the time, I've recovered enough of my strength to be able to overdrive and cause various malfunctions to the internal systems of anything electronic device in the hospital." He added. I raised a questioning brow, but didn't ask.

"To spare you the details, I just wanted to.. Test out how much of my power I have left. And Ivory was.. Standing in my way." He said, choosing his words slowly.

"Look." He opened his palm and electricity came alive. "How do you do that?" I wondered aloud. He chuckled shortly then lightly tapped on my arm with his free hand. "Zap~" He said.

There was a tiny and mild electric shock upon his touch. "Ouch!" I yelped, rubbing my arm. "What was that for?" I asked, slightly annoyed. "You're being too serious, lighten up." He said with a laugh. The electricity dying from his right hand.