Chapter 8:

As you have been asking here's a new update! Thank you to everyone who has enjoyed this book with me and I'm going to be starting a new fanfiction based on the TV show Bitten!!
Much love boo's❤
Also if you have any ideas that you would like in the book let me know and I'll see what I can do!x

Ricks POV:
I woke up in the morning with an headache and my beautiful wife still sleeping on me, I decided to lay here with her for a while considering we might not get this chance again me and Peyton were childhood sweethearts and not many people believed we would last long but we proved them wrong. I felt Peyton stir in my arms "Stop staring" she mumbled and hid in my chest no doubt blushing. "But Peyton you look to beautiful not to look at" I said lovingly "Let's have a shower" she says I nod and we have a shower. Once we had a shower I saw Peyton pack the clothes we wore with a few razors into the bag which I saw had another one "Let's go for some breakfast" I said and she nodded. I grabbed her hand and we walked to the room we had dinner in last night "Morning" I said "Morning mum and dad" Carl said I smiled and Peyton went to his side and sat down I followed suit and sat next to her and two plates were placed in front of us by T-dog "Thanks T" Peyton said he smiled "No problem Peyton" he said. While we ate we heard a groan and looked towards Glenn Peyton burst out laughing which made it worse for him. When we had ate Jenner came in and Peyton excused herself for a second but I saw her take some cans of food, bottles of water and medicine I knew what she was doing and I was proud. When she came back in we walked towards the computer room "Play back TS-19" he said and a picture of a brain came up onto the big screen "Is that a brain" Carl asked I looked towards him and he was in his mothers arms so I walked towards them and wrapped my arms around them "Yes and extraordinary one" Jenner explained I had a feeling it was someone special. Then we saw lights appear "What's that" Jacqui says "It's your human memories" Peyton says "Yes how do you know" Jenner says shocked and Peyton blushed "Ohh well you see I was a science, combat with weapons and hand to hand, cars nerd at school" she said he nodded I kissed her cheek and she smiled and leaned against me. After a while the patient dies but after a minute a grey light covers it "So it restarts the brain" Carol said "Yes and no only the steam so it get ya up and moving but all your human memories which makes you well you is gone" he dead pans it and I hear Andrea whimper "She lost her sister a few days ago" Jacqui says going to her side "I understand what it's like losing someone important" he said "Not to be a pain but what happenes when that clock goes to zero" Dale asks. "The generators run out of fuel" he said "Then what happens" Shane said "Total destruction" he says Peyton gasps and everyone turns to her "It sets fire to the air" she mumbled and held onto me and Carl tighter. Everyone started to Panic while I held my family close as Jenner had some shutters down "Please let us out" Carol said "It's a better way of dying" he said. After a while of fighting Peyton spoke up "No Jenner it's the easy way out let us have a chance at surviving my son doesn't deserve to die like this" she said he nodded "I can only open these ones" he said. Once they were open we ran to our rooms I grabbed our clothes back while Peyton grabbed the other back and we ran to the others. We came to the window and we were trying to break the glass "Rick I have something that might help"Carol said "I don't think a nail filer will work" Shane said but Carol ignored him and pulled out a grenade "I found It in your pocket when I washed your clothes first night" she said. Everyone went for cover while I pulled the clip off and threw it and jumped to my family and covered the body while the grenade explodes. We come together and run out the windows, I run with Peyton and Carl. Once we get to the cars Me, Peyton, Carl, Carol and Sophia got into my car and bent down but Peyton shouted "DALE ANDREA GET DOWN" the she bent down as we heard the explosion. We waited for them to get to the RV and then we drove of not looking back.

Peyton's POV:
I was glad I packed what I did "Hey Peyton I never did ask you what was in that bag" Rick said I smiled and laughed "Just stuff" I said giggling as I unzipped the bag "I got our group some toys" I said and he looked over and saw all the weapons and a huge smile broke out in his face "You clever lady" he said and kissed me quickly I zipped it back up "I got bored and raided all his weapons" I said innocently he laughed. We came to a stop at the highway as it was blocked by cars I could hear Daryl and Dale talking and we moved a bit longer until the RV smoked up. I sighed and got out followed by others and I walked towards it "Pop the hood" I said and started to look at what we needed I pulled something out and looked towards the group "Find this in one of the cars then it should work" I said I walked towards my bag "Oh before we look "Happy birthday guys" and opened the bag but not before I grabbed a knife and gun and ammo for Carl and Anmo for mine and Ricks gun they smiled. I was searching a car when I saw Carl walk towards me, I grabbed him "When we find a safer place I'm going to teach you how to shoot and use a knife that I have for you in my bag okay" I said he smiled and nodded "Get under the car" Glenn said. I looked and saw a heard I grabbed Carl and got under a car and looked around for Rick an saw him 2 cars below. I signed in relief but then knew he was checking my ass out I smiled only him. I pulled Carl closer but wiggled my bum to tease Rick and grabbed my machete in case I needed it. I could hear shuffling of the walkers walk by and I felt Carl come closer to me and I held him tighter. When we thought they were gone we heard a scream a we got out and saw Sophia being chased by walkers and Rick following her, my heart broke for two reasons 1. Sophia got chased in the woods and 2. My husband ran after her I hope he comes back alive with Sophia.