Hunting: Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

‘’No idea, but it’s hilarious.’’ She replied glancing up at me, half laughing to herself.

Kim was one of the new girls. She was the quite one at first but after awhile we saw the real her. And let me tell you something, the really her is crazy. Like scary crazy. The room would be in silence and she would just get up and dance on a table or something crazy like that. She was the most fun to be around in the house and her and I became best friends fast.  

‘’So it is.’’ I said with a slight chuckle. I couldn't help it, it was funny, and Kim and I were supposed to be the youngest people living in this house, I thought to myself. I had just turned seventeen with Kim still at sixteen, but when you look at these boys of eighteen and nineteen, you wouldn’t think it.

 Laughing to myself I jumped over the couch and grabbed the remote from the table that the three boys were hovering over and then I collapsed down next to Kim, Setting her off with giggles as the boys fell silent and turned to look at me or should I saw glare.. My laughing stopped and I smiled up at them, a sweet puppy dog smile. And with that they sat down quietly.

Turning off the TV, I got up and sat on the table in front of the three boys, with Kim at one side of me and Chris and Amber at the other.

‘’Okay guys,’’ I announced to the room, ‘’we need to talk.’’ I said glancing over towards Chris and Amber to see if they were listening, which they were as they had sat up right and were looking in my direction. Looking back I continued. ‘’Richie left me a note,’’ I said as I took the note out of my short-shorts pocket and held it up for them to see, ‘’ he gave me instructions to give to you all.’’ 

‘’He will be back in a few-‘’ I cut myself of to glance up at the clock above my head to recheck the time, ‘’-hours, and he won’t be alone.’’ 

I glanced around the room to judge everyone’s reaction to the news. They all stiffened and began to shuffle around in their seats. This was the usual reaction towards someone new coming. The past few years after Dean’s arrival have been, difficult as most of the people Richie brings back have just had a little episode in their teenage years, they have all left and we haven’t heard or seen them since.

‘’I don’t know much about him just the fact that he is a guy and he's my age, seventeen. If he is like the others then let’s not get too attached to the guy but also try and make him feel welcome. We don’t want to scare him away.’’ I joked again as I looked around, they visually began to relax. ‘’Richie has asked that we change around pairs, he has written down who he wants to be with who for the time being.’’ I said as I motioned for them to stand up. I pointed them to the wall to stand up. Once they were lined up I got up of the table and walked over to stand in front of them. ‘’ Kim and Dean,’’ I said as I pulled them out of the line to stand next to each other, ‘’Amber and Michael,’’ they both walked out of the line and stood side by side, ‘’and Tyler and Chris.’’ I said and looked up to see Chris sulking at me and Tyler with an emotionless expression. I knew why Chris was sulking but I couldn’t help it, it was Richie’s call not mine, but I do think he was right Chris and Amber do need a bit of space. Kim and Dean looked please with being paired up together; Amber and Michael didn’t seem that bothered by it. Chris and Tyler were a different story though I have a feeling there going to have little chat with me later about this. I cringed inwardly; I never liked Chris when he whines. Which he has been doing a lot since Amber arrived.

‘’Who will you be with?’’ I looked up to see that Tyler had asked the question. He looked at me with a curious expression.

‘’I’ll be with the new guy for now, I think. Until we see who he has more compatibility with.’’ I said and he just nodded and walked away, Chris fallowing closely behind, glaring at Michael. 

I ignored their exit and turned to face the others. ‘’Now there are a few starter jobs for you, as a pair, to do,’’ Pointing at Amber and Michael, ‘’you two have to find someone by the name of Frank Cloyed,’’ walking over to the dresser, I opened the second drawer and pulled out a small folder and handed it to them, ‘’all the information you need is in here. You have one week to have this done, you got it?’’ I asked, looking directly at them.

‘’Got it!’’ They both replied in unison walking out of the room, bring the folder with them.

‘’You guys leave in one hour, pack light.’’ I called after them. 

Turning back I found Kim and Dean eagerly awaiting their assignment. I looked down shaking my head.  ‘’Sadly yours isn’t as exciting.’’ I said glancing up to see their reactions. ‘’You guys are still new—‘’ 

‘’So are Michael and Amber.’’ Dean cut me off, whining off all things, I glared at him; I hate when people whine.

‘’As I was saying,’’ I continued while glaring at Dean who seemed to shrink where he was standing. Ha! That’s right though boy. ‘’you guys are still relatively new and yes so are Michael and Amber, but Richie requested that you two go with him to train for a week. You two haven’t been paired before so you he has to show you two know how to work together as best as possible.’’ I said pulling out two plane tickets out of the same drawer as before. Turning back I handed them the tickets. ‘’That’s where you will be training. You two go and pack now; your flight leaves in an hour and a half.’’ I said walking out of the room. Dismissing them, Kim might be my best friend but Dean and I . . . well we pretty much hate each other.

I walked up the stairs to go and find Tyler and Chris. They were most likely in Tyler’s room so I headed there first; it was three doors before mine but right next to Kim’s, which she loves might I tell you but him not so much. Knocking twice with a pause then three more times, the door opened revealing Tyler. I raised one eyebrow at him, sometimes I couldn’t believe they still make me us that ‘special’ knock. He looked down and me with a soft while and moved aside to let me in.

Chris was sitting on the chair next to Tyler’s desk with his feet plonked up on the side of the desk. He had his arms crossed over one another with a sour look clear on his face. He looked up and saw me. He jumped up from where he was sitting. Now he was standing over me, looking down at me with rage. But it seemed more like superficial anger rather than real anger.

‘’Amber and Michael? Are you for real?’’ he shouted at me.

‘’Richie paired them up not me.’’ I said raising my hands above my head defending myself; looking up at him he looked a little guilty. ‘’I have sent them off as Richie told me too. He wants us,’’ I moved my hand in a circular motion between us, ‘’to help this new dude or something, I don’t know. All I know is that he didn’t leave anything for us to do. So I’m just presuming that at this point. I don’t even know for sure if I will be paired up with him or if he will bring someone back.’’ I said as I sat down on Tyler’s bed and pushed myself up to lean against the headboard.

At that both of them sat down, Chris fell back down into the seat he was in a few moments ago and Tyler sat down next to me, leaning back onto the headboard also.

I thought for sure I was going to get a verbal beating from Chris about Amber and Michael. I’m thankful I didn’t. I was already falling asleep and I have just woken up. I leaned my head down on Tyler’s shoulder as he put his arm around my waist and held me there. It was one of my comfy sleepy positions. I always slept like this with him it was like a routine if I was tired and he was their id sleep on his shoulder or vise-versa.

We sat there in silence as were heard everyone else leave the house and the cars roar to life. We must have been laying there for some time as the next thing I knew I was jolted awake by someone shouting downstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys like it. Tell me what you think and what I did wrong I will have the edited version up soon.

Thanks.

Comment and Vote and Fan! x

Emzii x