Step 3.6 - Party

Depuis le début

The sound of static interrupted Calum and Michael's silent conversation, the white noise came from one of the police officers little walkie-talkies.

"Be on the look out for four teenagers," the broadcast began causing both teenagers to listen harder. "Two fled on scene; one Caucasian male with a pale complex and bright blue hair and an eyebrow piercing, he stands a little over six feet in all black clothing. The other is an Asian male with black hair and a blonde streak, wearing a black tank top and black jeans, he also stands at about six feet..."

Calum gave Michael a look, not just any look, he gave Michael the look. The look that indicated someone had just called him Asian, the look that told Michael that Calum was about to go off on a rant about how much he hated being racially misidentified.

"We better get out there, I don't think Duke can handle another group of teenagers. I think its about time the old man retired," one of the cops said casually, collecting his trash and finishing his coffee as the other did the same. The cop that spoke nodded to Michael as a kind of silent greeting or farewell when the two policemen exited.

"Looks like we're safe," Calum said finally, blowing out the large amount of air he'd been holding as he watching the two men get into the police cruiser.

Michael realized something was wrong when the police didn't pull out of the parking lot. He hit Calum's arm lightly to gain the boy's attention as the two turned to look out the window, making direct eye contact with the police in the cruiser.

Getting out of the vehicle at a surprisingly slow pace, the two police walked toward the entrance. Maintaining eye contact with the two officers, the two boys waved before heading toward the bathroom.

"Window?" Michael asked, nodding his head at the large horizontal window toward the ceiling as he looked at Calum.

"Window."

~^~

Ashton, was not in shape, which he quickly began to realize as he exited the supermarket through the back entrance after having weaved through the aisles of food in an attempt to lose the police officer on his tail.

Running up the street, the boy surveyed the area as he thought about his possible escapes. Deciding on an alley that would surely lead right back to where he started, Ashton assumed the cop wouldn't think he was that stupid. Then again, he did hang out with Luke who had mooned the two officers not even ten minutes ago.

Unfortunately, halfway down the alley, Ashton saw Luke start running down the other way followed closely by the other officer.

"Fuck, turn around!" Luke snapped as he gripped the front of Ashton's shirt to spin him in the opposite direction and drag him along.

The end Ashton had ran through was now blocked by the other officer, apparently Ashton wasn't as cunning as he'd thought. The two boys nearly toppled over as they came to a halt, both cops were equal distance away and closing in.

"What now?" Ashton asked, coming up with zero options.

"This way!" Shoving Ashton toward a rusted fire escape ladder bolted to one of the walls, Luke checked to see where the police were. Quickly as he could, Ashton climbed the ladder with a little difficulty. Luke was practically climbing the ladder over top of Ashton, with his hands on the rungs at Ashton's thighs. Ashton might have kicked the blond a few times accidentally but neither noticed with the adrenaline pumping through their veins.

The roof was blank, apart from a wide set of chimneys puffing graying smoke into the midday sky. 

"Now what, Genius?" Ashton snapped, turning to face Luke for the first time since they'd climbed up the ladder.