Chapter 1-The Orphanage

The day I'd arrived at the orphanage, I became a recluse. I broke off any contact I had with any real-life friends and relied on my internet friends. I soon began to lose any happiness I had. I developed self-harming tendencies and suicidal thoughts. My father was my rock. He was the only family I had and he was gone. 

I ate small amounts of food and drank very little. I soon began to lose weight. Nobody cared. The other children in the orphanage snuck into my room and broke the LCD's in my laptop screen, rendering it useless. Nobody cared. I felt completely alone in the orphanage, despite being surrounded by numerous other children. I remained there for 16 months before I was notified that I'd been matched with a man who wanted to adopt me. I felt comfortable and relieved knowing this, me growing up around a single man my whole life. When the day came that we would meet, I was nervous. I had to go into an office, where he was sitting. I recognized him immediately to be a YouTuber I watched. His username was Jacksepticeye. 

"Holy shit," I said, quietly.  "I recognize you from YouTube. I like your videos a lot! It's nice to meet you."

"Thank you! It's nice to find someone who likes my videos. And it's nice to meet you too!" he said.

For the rest of our little "conference", we talked about our interests, he asked me about my feelings. I answered everything honestly. If he wanted to adopt me, he'd have to deal with my problems. 

I ended that day by saying goodnight to every girl in my hallway. I was finally happy and had the first glimmer of hope in my life that I had in over a year.