“Limbairedhiel”

“what?”

“ that’s your name. Arianne in the common tongue.”

“ what are you ..”

I was about to finish my sentence when I remembered the conversations from my dreams…no visions. I was called by that name by the man next to the painting. My painting…

“ are you from the other world?” it was such a stupid question, I knew it was but I didn’t know what else to say.

“ yes I am and I was one of those who brought you here. I will tell you everything my lady but now you have to rest. Come lay back and close your eyes.”

“ but I don’t feel..”

“ I know”

Was all she said before she laid her hand on my eyes and I felt peace overtake my body and mind, even my soul was at ease.

I felt the grass under my palms and the sunrays hitting my face. I breathed in the fresh air as I felt my soul sour high right out of my body. I felt safe, I felt like I was home. I looked around me to see a meadow so beautiful that it took my breath away. The chirping of the birds from trees, the low whisper of a river in the wood ahead, it all felt familiar. I stood up and started walking letting my legs led me. I kept on walking for a while in the woods that were breath-taking. The trees, the grass, everything was breath-taking. suddenly in this peaceful place, I had a bad feeling, like I should start running but instead I turn right and start heading that way. There were voices coming from ahead and they were loud, they were shouts of help.

There next to the bark of a tree stands a woman holding a bundle to her chest like a life-line. She was surrounded by a dozen of orcs. they were hissing in a language that I didn’t understand. The woman screamed again, louder than before.

“ did you really think you can take her away from us and not pay? Give us the child, she-elf and we will spear your life.”

“ I do not make deals with foul creatures like you. Kill me for all I care but the child is not yours to take.”

“ I wouldn’t ask again. Give me the child.”

“ no.”

I felt something speed next to my head, the next second the orc that was talking fell to the ground with an arrow hanging from his chest. The woman looked around with a smile on her face as she saw help coming her way. Elves surrounded the orcs killing them with ease. They looked at the woman with a knowing look on their faces.

“ you found her?”

One of the elves asked.

“ yes but she is still in great danger. We have to get her back to lord Elrond now. We mustn’t delay any longer.”

“ that is true.”

Was all he said as a horse galloped towards him.

“ here, ride we will be beside all the way.”

The woman held the child towards the elf as she got up on the horse. The elf looked at the face of the child in his arms knowing that she was the light, the key to escape the darkness. Even as a babe, he could feel her powers surrounding him as he held on to her.

“ Limbairedhiel” 

He whispered softly as he handed her back to the she-elf. The other elves mounted their horses as they began to move towards Rivendell. I walked behind them wondering how they haven’t seen me till now. Even when they were riding horses I was able to keep up with them. This went on all day, and by nightfall one of the elves said that we should be nearing the secret passageway now.