Resurrecting the truth

Start from the beginning

Optimus POV
"It's been three days Ratchet!,why isn't she waking up!?" I was pacing back and forth in front of the med bay doors, I hadn't slept the entire time and my circuits were on edge. "Calm down Prime! We're lucky she's still alive!" Ratchet yelled at me. I knew she had been injured severally but I had hoped she would heal faster than a normal human. I growled and walked back into the room and sat down beside Samantha. "Wake up soon my sweetspark I need you here." I whispered to her while gently brushing a digit across her cheek. I vented heavily and went to stand when the machines she was hooked up too began to beep loudly. "RATCHET!!!" I yelled and he came rushing in the room to her side. "What's happening to her!!?" I demanded while moving to stand across from him. Ratchet looked at the screens and swore beginning to work on Samantha frantically. "Her heart is giving out!!" He yelled still working on her. My knees caved in beneath me as energon tears welled up in my optics. "Nooooo!" I wailed while looking at her. I placed a digit on her hand and I prayed for the first time in a long time." Primus please don't let her leave me, not now." I begged. The heart monitor continued to beep until it stopped. Her heart had given up and I was powerless to do anything. I choked out a sob and rested my helm on the side of the berth. I heard Ratchet sigh and move away. I didn't care though the one person in this world that made my life worth living was gone before I could tell her how I felt, and I knew that my spark wouldn't be able to hold on much longer.

Ratchets POV

I looked back at Optimus and my spark hurt for him. I knew he had fallen for the human girl and I knew that her death would kill him. We cybertonian's took mates for life or until the other passed, but very rarely would that happen. One reason finding a sparkmate was rare is because there are not that many femmes. Second reason why finding another after the first one passed is because not many survive. When two bots mate their sparks become one with each other,sharing each other's pain and joys but also sometimes their deaths. Cybertonian's do not take love for granted like the humans, we cherish it. Loosing our sparkmate or going to long without one causes great loneliness and despair which causes the spark to crack and begin to shutdown. Eventually putting the mech or femme into permanent stasis and eventually offline to become one with the all spark. I knew Optimus's spark was breaking and that there was nothing anyone could do,..that is until I looked at my computer screen. It wasn't a heart beat because it was too fast. Instead the computer was picking up a spark beat, mine, Optimus's, and another. I rushed back to Samantha's side ignoring Optimus's protests and hooked her up to a machine designed to monitor a bots spark beat. As soon as I turned the monitor on it started beeping. My optics widened in surprise as I looked down at the small human femme and saw a small bright blue light flashing beneath her skin.

Optimus's POV

I heard Ratchet moving around but I didn't care to move anymore, I just wanted to be with her again. When I heard a monitor beeping I looked up. I saw the wires attached to Samantha and another monitor, our spark monitor. At first it didn't register in my processors until I saw Ratchets wide optics, I quickly stood up and looked at Samantha. Sure enough there was a blue light pulsating  beneath her skin, she had a spark.

Samantha's POV

I hear a beeping noise and it was really annoying. I wanted to roll over and turn it off but I couldn't. I felt heavy and very weak, like I hadn't moved in days. I groaned as the beeping continued, it was giving me a headache and then I heard voices. At first I couldn't understand what they were saying so I tried moving my head which surprisingly moved. I felt something cool touch my cheek and sighed because it felt great again my skin and oddly familiar. I smiled and heard someone call my name "Samantha!?" I know that voice I mumbled, and with a lot of effort I forced my eyes open and found myself starting at a pair of bright blue optics that were filled with tears of joy. "Optimus!" I croaked out and he looked at me arching an eyebrow. "How do you know my true name?" He asked, "Primus told me." I stated while closing my eyes briefly. I heard sudden intakes of breath and opened them. "What.?" I asked "how do you know who Primus is?" Ratchet asked. I sighed, "Optimus can you help me sit up I'm too weak. Optimus flinched when I said this but he gently picked me up in his servos and cradled me against his chest. I smiled as I felt the warmth from his spark and closed my eyes as I leaned against him. I heard Ratchet cough and when I opened my eyes he was smiling. "So would you like to tell us now or later?" He asked politely, "now before I forget."