Steve Imagine:

For: LaurenBlurton I hope you like it!😊

"I don't want to talk about this right now Lauren." Steve said sternly.
"Why not huh? Because you know I'm right!" I shoved a finger into his chest and glared at him.
"No! Because you're overreacting over something stupid!" He yelled and his voice echoed through the room.
I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes and I bit my lip to try to hold them back.
"I just- I want you to spend more time with me Steve," my voice cracked, "that's all I ask, you're always with the gang or somewhere else, anywhere but here." I choked back a sob and bit my lip harder, but I knew I couldn't hold it back much longer.
"Well maybe if you'd show me a little respect," I could hear the anger rising in his tone, "you're always telling me I didn't do something right or I didn't do it at all, you're always pointing out every little thing that I do wrong! I'm sick of it!" He slammed his hand on the table and dropped his gaze to the floor. I could see his arms trembling with anger.
When he brought his eyes back to mine, the once beautiful emerald pools that used to be full of love, were now stormy and full of pain.
My lip trembled and hot tears dripped from my chin to the floor. It was so quiet I bet you could hear the splash when they fell.
"Just go." I looked away from him so he couldn't see my heart break, although I'm sure he could hear it.
"What." The tone in his voice changed dramatically, from harsh to hurt.
"I said leave," the tension filled the room like a thick fog, "we both need time to think."
I never looked back at him, because I didn't want to watch the love of my life walk out that front door.
"Fine," I heard his shoes squeak on the floor, "I'll go." Then the door opened and he left, just like that, no objection, no "please I'll change." He's gone.
Steve and I had been married for two years now, but recently it's been going downhill quickly. I remember how in love we were when were teenagers.
We didn't care what anyone thought, we had each other and that's all that mattered.

Flashback*
Steve's POV*
I straightened my bow tie in the mirror and slicked my hair back again.
My heart was beating so fast I felt like it was gonna explode and my nerves were starting to get to me.
Today was the day I was marrying Lauren. My best friend, my rock, and the love of my life.
Darry put a hand on my shoulder and flashed me a grin.
"You're gonna be fine kid, this is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life,"
He held both my arms and gave them a little shake, "now go out there and marry the woman you love."
I smiled and pulled Darry in for a hug and gave him a firm pat on the back.
"Thanks Superdope."
"No problem kid, now go, don't keep your bride waiting." He put an arm around my shoulder and I took a deep breath as we opened the doors to the sanctuary.
The gang stood at the front all wearing a tux and a huge grin. Sodapop was my best man and the rest of the gang were groomsmen.
Darry joined the rest of the guys, and Soda came up and gave me a hug.
I'm so proud of you buddy," he whispered in my ear.
"Thanks Soda," I whispered back and squeezed him tightly.
"Can we hurry this along Steve, I need out of this damn suit." Dally growled and wrestled with his bow tie.
I rolled my eyes at him and stood patiently at the alter, my eyes fixed on those doors.
Lauren's family was here, and I'm pretty sure every greaser in Tulsa was here too. Everyone talked amongst themselves, but they all went silent when the doors opened.
Lauren's father stood in the doorway and gave me a wink, and I smiled back at him.
When I finally saw my beautiful bride, she took my breath away.
She linked arms with her father and he lead her down the aisle.
Even with the veil covering her face, her beautiful blue eyes sparkled. She looked like an angel in her wedding dress and my jean vest. I smiled at her and I could feel tears welling in my eyes.
Her father kissed her cheek and gave her away, then joined the gang beside me. We turned to face each other and as I took off her veil I couldn't keep the tears back.
"You look beautiful." I choked.
She smiled and I could see the tears rimming her eyes. We said our vows and then came the moment of truth.
"Do you Lauren Blurton, take Steve Randle to be your lawfully wedded Husband?" Lauren smiled at me with tears in her eyes, "I do."
"And do you, Steve Randle take Lauren Blurton to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
I tucked a strand of curly blonde hair behind her ear, "I do."

Steve's POV*
I walked out the door and into the pouring rain, it soaked through my clothes but I could care less right now.
As I walked through the front door of the Curtis house Darry was the only one awake.
He walked out of the kitchen when he heard the door open.
"Hey Steve," he wiped his hands on a dishrag and smiled, "what are you doing here?"
"I left." The words had to be forced because they were so painful to say.
Darry didn't have to ask what I meant because he knew.
"C'mon," he nodded towards the kitchen, "let's talk."
He motioned for me to sit and set a cup of coffee in front of me.
"So what happened?" He pulled out a chair and sat at the other end of the table.
"She started arguing with me about how I was always with you guys and that I never spent time with her, and I said that I was sick of her pointing out all my mistakes."
I ran a hand through my greasy hair and sighed.
"Maybe this'll help," Darry got up from his seat and went to his room. He came back with an old leather bound book.
"My folks had trouble in their marriage, and my dad always used this book to solve them." He handed me the book and patted my shoulder, "I'm going to bed buddy, you can stay here as long as you need."
I held the book in my hands and ran my thumb over the rough cover. It read "The Love Dare."
I shrugged, it couldn't hurt.
After reading the book my eyes had been opened. It was a 40 day challenge to win back my best friends heart, and the love of my life.
Day 1: Show her you appreciate her and everything she does.
I knocked on my front door and waited patiently for an answer. "C'mon Lauren." I mumbled under my breath.
It slowly opened and she appeared in the doorway.
"What are you doing here Steve?" Her words were cold and flat.
"I came to tell you that I love you and I'm glad to have you in my life. I'm sorry for everything, you mean the world to me." She looked from me to the bouquet of Red roses I held in my hand, but her expression didn't change.
"Thank you for the flowers Steve, but I think it's best if you leave." She crossed her arms and looked anywhere but at me.
I sighed and laid the roses on the porch as I watched her retreat back into the house. Days passed and everyday I did something from the book to show her that I still love her.
A couple days later I heard the news, Lauren's father had been in a car accident and he couldn't afford the hospital bill, neither could Lauren.

Lauren's POV*
"Hi I'm here to see my dad." I signed in on the clipboard. "Oh well you'd better hurry," the nurse pointed down the hall, "they are discharging him now."
My eyes widened in shock, "but I thought he couldn't leave until his bill was payed?"
"Oh it was payed this morning." She smiled and handed me the papers to sign so Dad could go home.
I went to Dads room and he was smiling as always.
"Lauren! How are you?" He pulled me in for a hug and squeezed me tightly.
"I'm good dad, how are you?" I smiled at him. He grinned, "I'm getting there."
Luckily he only broke a leg and a couple ribs, so now he just needed time to recover.
"So how'd you come up with the money to pay your bill?" I cocked an eyebrow at him and grabbed a cup of ice from the freezer.
"Oh I didn't, Steve did."
The cup fell from my hand and ice scattered across the floor.

*Steves POV
"Soda!" I yelled from underneath the car I was working on. I heard him run into the garage, "what do you need Steve?"
"Can you hand me a wrench?" I reached my hand out, but I never got the tool I needed.
I rolled my eyes and sighed, then pushed the creeper out from under the car. I wiped the grease on my hands onto a rag, "soda, are you gonna get me the-" when I stepped into the shop I saw Lauren in the doorway, and I couldn't believe my eyes.
"Lauren wha-" she cut me off with her lips and jumped into my arms. I wrapped my arms around her tightly and spun her around.
She pulled away and cupped my face in her hands, and tears streamed down her cheeks, "I love you Steve Randle. I love you more than anything." She smiled.
"I love you too Lauren Randle, and I will until the end." I pulled her closer to me and stroked her hair.
"How did you pay the bill?" She sniffled and looked into my eyes.
"I worked overtime everyday until I came up with the money." I stroked her cheek with my thumb.
"Thank you," she kissed my cheek,
"I love you."
I had won back my best friend, my rock, and the love of my life, and I'm never letting go.

A/N*
I really hope you liked it! I'm so sorry it's so late, I've been really busy lately! I loved writing this one and I hope you liked it!💞 again, I apologize for the wait.

-Stay Gold🌅