Sodapop Imagine:

For @riah_thecrazyfangirl I hope you like it!

"Mariah," my eyes fluttered open and I saw Dad shaking my arm, "I'm off to work I love you kid." He kissed my head and was out the door.
I yawned and stretched deeply, I must have fallen asleep on the couch. We just moved to Tulsa a couple days ago, so we had been unpacking a lot and I was exhausted.
My stomach growled sending me a sign that It was time for lunch. I looked in the fridge but it was empty, then I noticed a note attached to it.
"Mariah,
Sorry I haven't had a chance to go the grocery store. There's some money on the counter go to the Dingo down the street and get some lunch.
Love Dad."
I smiled and rolled my eyes, typical dad. I took a quick shower and threw on some clothes that had already been unpacked, a white T-shirt with a red flannel and some jeans.
My dark brown hair was a mess so I brushed it out and left it down so it flowed just past my shoulders.
I put on my converse and grabbed my glasses from the nightstand by the couch, then I was out the door.
Tulsa was a beautiful town this time of day, I closed my eyes and breathed in the summer air.
A sign came into view that said "the Dingo." With a small DX gas station beside it. Dad's truck was sitting there he was pumping gas on his break.
I ran to the station up to dad's pickup, "hey Dad!" I squeezed him tightly.
"Hey Mariah! Would you mind going in and paying for this?" I smiled and nodded as he handed me a wad of bills.
As I entered the store a bell above the door rang. Someone shouted from the garage, "Soda! We've got a customer."
That's when a boy, he looked to be around my age, bounded out of the garage and behind the counter.
He was so handsome, he had light brown hair that was slicked back, and beautiful green eyes that twinkled.
He flashed me a wide grin and spoke, snapping me out of my daze, "hi! My name's Sodapop, can I help you?" He had movie star good looks and a smile to match.
"Uh-um, yeah I need to pay for my dad's gas." I stuttered and bit my lip nervously handing him the cash.
"How come I've never seen you around?" He cocked an eyebrow and handed me back some change.
"Oh I just moved here a couple days ago, so I'm new. My name's Mariah." I smiled at him and his cheeks turned a slight pink.
"Well Mariah," he grinned and ran a hand through his greasy hair, "what are you doing today?"
I felt my cheeks flood red, "nothing that I know of." I smiled and looked at my shoes.
"Well, how bout I take you to the dingo for lunch?" He raised an eyebrow and smirked.
"Hmm, I am kind of hungry," I tapped my chin with my finger and thought, "sure why not." I smiled at him and he smiled back causing me to blush again.
"Hey Steve I'm going on break I'll be back." Soda shouted to the garage.
"Hurry it up will you!" Steve shouted back.
Soda rolled his eyes and nodded to the door. He held my hand as we walked to the Dingo.
After we ate we were heading back to the DX, we were just about to walk in when soda stopped abruptly.
He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "gosh you sure are beautiful."
I bit my lip, "you sure are handsome."
"Look I know we just met," Soda pulled me closer to him, "but I have to see you again."
His green eyes sparkled and I could tell he meant it. "I want to see you again too Sodapop." I placed my hand on his chest and looked into his eyes.
All was still for a couple seconds and we slowly got closer to each other, our lips were inches away from touching when we heard Steve yell from behind the counter, "c'mon Soda! Your breaks over." He laughed.
Soda rolled his eyes and flashed that movie star grin. "Look I gotta go," he rubbed the back of his neck, "but I want to see you again."
He turned to enter the store but I stopped him, "Soda wait here's my number," I pulled the gas receipt from my pocket and wrote on the back, "call me sometime." I smiled and pecked him on the cheek.
As I walked back to the house I couldn't stop smiling because of Sodapop from the DX.

A/N*
I hope you liked it! I'm sorry it took so long! I've been really busy and haven't had time to write. Hope you liked it Mariah! I apologize for the wait.

-Stay Gold🌅