Day 4 Part 1: Nobodies Nightmare

I raced through an ever darkening hallway, chasing the small fragment of light. I ran full speed, yet I seemed to only get farther away from it. I reach out my hand to grab it, only for it to explode as soon as I touch it. The whiteness consumed every bit of darkness around me. I turned around, trying to understand the infinite whiteness, only to fine a familiar scene begin to play out in my mind. 

A little girl runs past, brown hair flying out behind her as she ran from a slightly taller young boy whose hair, despite his obvious  young age, was pure silver. Laughter filled my ears as the world around me changed, from the blinding white to a town filled with life. My eyes followed to two children who were running towards a dark alleyway. 

I tried to tell them to come back, but no sound left my mouth, only my outstretched hand showed my wish. I instantly took off after the children, feeling that if I didn't, they would be harmed. 

I finally caught up to the energetic duo, only to see them both surrounded by Shadows. Next thing I knew, I had taken to place of the young girl, seeing the hoard of Heartless around me. Fear consumed me as I tried to find a way to save both me and the young boy to my left. 

There was simply no escape route in which we could both run through to safety. The corner of my eye caught an impossibly fast movement, I knew that I could not react quick enough. 

But, somehow, the boy beside me could, as he quickly pushed me away. The Heartless jumped on him making it so I couldn't see him, yet I knew what was happening.

"IENZO!" I screamed, jolting awake, water spilling from my eyes. My breath was hot as I tried to recover from my fast panting. I took off my black glove and touched my fingertips to my eyes. 

"Was I....crying? I hardly even remember what I dreamed about....." I muttered as I rose from my bed and put my glove back on. I began to walk out of my room, but before I got far I noticed Zexion standing in the hallway, staring at me. 

"Um...Zexion?" I said to gain his attention. He quickly seemed to snap out of whatever daze he was in before clearing his throat. 

"Nightmare?" he asked, the single syllable seeming to hold infinite meaning. 

"I guess. I don't remember it though." I responded, not sure why he'd ask such a question. 

Zexion seems to completely regain his composure, opens his book seeming to write in it, and says, "Interesting....As a Nobody, you shouldn't feel any emotions because of your lack of a heart. So, even in your dreams, you shouldn't feel fear, yet here you are having obviously broken into a cold sweat as well as cried. Another thing, you shouldn't be able to have dreams at all unless.......No, that's not a possibility. Perhaps you have stronger memories? Or maybe you are not a true Nobody? I doubt the second one, if you weren't a Nobody, you simply wouldn't be here, the Superior wouldn't allow it. I'll have to investigate this more." He closed his book with a triumphant look. 

"Now, as for the name you screamed upon awakening.....Who was it?" he asked, looking straight into my blue eye, as if trying to read my mind. 

"I'm....not sure. I feel like I'm forgetting something really important......like I have a few puzzle pieces to a large puzzle." I answered, raking my brain for anything about this 'Ienzo' person. 

"Did you....know him?" Zexion asked carefully, seeming anxious for the answer. 

"I think I did......I know I did.....I just can't remember....." I said, becoming tired from the mental strain. 

Zexion fell silent, looking deep in thought before speaking once again, "We have a mission together today. This is a special mission straight from the Superior to preform reconnaissance at a new world." 

"Really? Straight from Xemnas? Is it that important?" I asked, surprised. 

"Yes, now hurry and get ready. You might want this." he said while handing me a Mega Potion. 

"Huh? Why would I need this?" I inquired. 

"In case you faint again, like you did after yesterday's mission." he replied bluntly. 

"After? I fainted during the mission!" I exclaimed, remembering the pervious day. 

"No, I saw you collapse after you defeated those Heartless. Also, how'd you even do that? You couldn't summon a weapon before, but as soon as you got up after being attacked  by the Shadow, it's as if you were someone else entirely." Zexion stated as if it were an undeniable fact. 

"I never fought the Shadow! I fainted after it attacked me! I still can't summon a weapon, Zexion!" I raised my voice slightly. 

"Oh, ya? Prove it. We have a mission together again today, remember?" he said with a smirk. 

"Oh....I forgot." I laughed slightly, scratching the back of my head. Zexion didn't seem to share my amusement. 

"Just hurry up and get ready." he said bluntly before walking off. I sighed, quickly grabbing elixirs and magic casts. Today was going to be interesting.