Day 3: Work To Do

I slowly opened my eyes to see a pure white room. Carefully sitting up, I looked around, my brain slowly processing where I was. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed before standing. It's been three days since I first joined this Organization 13. These past days haven't had much action at all, but yesterday Saix, the second in command, said I was going to start going on missions like everyone else today. I wasn't sure what he meant by missions, but I guess I'm finding out. 

I went to the community bathroom that the Organization seemed to all share(minus some of the higher ups). It didn't seem that anyone else with in there when I entered. I walked to an area that was labeled with the number that I had been given, 15. The space itself was just a sink with a separator from the other sinks; though it contained brand-new looking items such as a hairbrush, which I grabbed. 

After brushing my brown hair into its usual hairstyle, long bangs draped over my left eye and the equal length back of my hair straight behind me, I walked to the Grey Area. The Grey Area seemed to be something of a common room as many of the other members were sitting in the many dull colored couches talking. I immediately noticed a spot of bright red hair, turning to look I saw Number 8, Axel. He was one of the first members that actually spoke to me so I thought it'd be best to stay near him, especially since the other members looked kinda scary. 

"Hey there, Xakis!" the redhead said as I walked towards him. 

"Good morning, Axel." I greeted back while sitting beside him. 

"Hey Roxas, look! Three days in and she already has my name memorized, you really must've been a zombie!" Axel laughed while elbowing a blonde boy to his right. The blonde, who I'm assuming was Roxas, just stared at Axel for a moment before giving something close to a smile, but seemed forced. 

"Ya.....Must have...." Roxas muttered dully. Axel sighed the looked at me again. 

"I heard that today's your first mission, right? Who's the lucky babysitter?" the redhead asked with a slight chuckle. 

"Uh....I believe Saix said Number 6.......Ya, 6." I said, remembering Saix speaking to me the day before. Axel began to laugh. 

"Really? Saix is making Zexion take you on your first mission?" Axel asked, still laughing, "I hope he can keep his noise out of his book long enough to show you the ropes!" 

"Um Axel? There weren't any ropes......" Roxas mumbled, breaking his silence. Axel just looked at him a moment before laughing again. 

"Axel? Why are you laughing? Was something I said.....funny?" the blonde asked looking confused. 

"Oh Roxas, stop being such a zombie!" Axel said while chuckling. 

"Axel, don't you have a mission to do? Stop acting like Demyx and get to work." the blue haired second in command said sternly, standing behind Axel. 

Axel looked behind him and laughed saying, "You don't have to worry about me being like Demyx! I'll get my work done, Saix. Don't be such a killjoy!" The last comment earned a glare from the Luna Diviner. 

"Come on Roxas, we have work to do!" Axel said while quickly standing. 

"But Axel, my mission isn't with you today....." Roxas mumbled in protest before being dragged by the redhead. 

"You have a mission too, Number 15. I expect you to come to me shortly once you're ready to leave with Zexion." Saix said to me before walking off. 

I began searching the room for this Zexion person. Axel mentioned something about a book, maybe that'll help. I saw in the corner of the room a male holding a black and silver book. It might be that Zexion person. I walk towards him.