Introduction

I remember the day my father taught me how to kill zombies on the Xbox. I was 4 years old. I know what you're thinking, Bad parenting much? But that's the exact opposite. My father was the best father ever. Maybe because he was the only father I'd had.

My mother died giving birth to me, so my dad was my only parent. I was fine with that. Sticking to the story, the day he held my hands on the controller as I sat in his lap, playing the game (completely wrong), that's what started it. Ever since that day, I'd only loved gaming. I didn't want to go to dance class, I wanted to slay zombies and monsters. I was always more of a tomboy.

Because of this, I didn't have many girl friends. Of course, I didn't care. Why would I care about real friends when I had a ton of internet friends? My life was great. When I first started my gaming channel, my father was my biggest fan. He watched every video, and liked every one of them. Sometimes, He'd join me in playing. We'd go on multiplayer and have such a good time that I forgot that the camera was there. My life was perfect. Until the one day when that all changed.

I remember it like it was yesterday. He frantically yelled for my name and I found him on his bed, sputtering and gasping for air. I froze. I couldn't move, but I willed myself to grab the phone and dial 911.

A man answered. "911, do you need police, ambulance, or firetruck?"

"Ambulance. It's my father. I-I don't know what happened but he can't breathe! H-he's choking and coughing up blood, I'm freaking out! Please, hurry!" By now I was sobbing.

"Ok, take a deep breath sweetie. What's your address?"

I told him my address.

"Ok, What's your name, and how old are you?"

"My name's Kass and I'm twe-" I noticed that my father was no longer conscious, and let out a blood curdling scream. "HE'S NOT MOVING!"

I sensed concern in the operator's voice "Ok Kass, you need to take a deep breath."

"I-I need to do CPR! I think I remember. Can I try?"

"If you're sure you can do it, please, feel free. Put the phone on speaker"

I did as he said and started doing chest compressions and mouth to mouth. Nothing worked. My father never regained consciousness. The last thing I said before he was wheeled away was "I'm sorry Dad. I'm so sorry."

Because I had no nearby family, I would be going to an orphanage. Wonderful.