Chapter Thirteen

It was the middle of the night and Shamus has been in the training gym going at the punching bags non-stop.

Blop! Blop! Blop! Taking swift and quick punches to the bag as it swung back towards him.

Why can't we just run?! Kingston argued angrily.

With a mighty kick, the bag came off the chain and torn into pieces as the rice scattered all over the floor.

Because I know exactly where we are going to end, and I don't need to see her right now. Everybody is hiding something from us. Even Dad.

Shamus walked over to the wall, grabbed his water bottle and chugged it all down. As he sat down and against the wall, he tried thinking about all the possibilities of what the secret could be. He stared up to the plain ceiling. "They're twins. It's rare but yet common," stated a voice and a couple of footsteps.

Devon and Alexander walked towards him and said down crossed legged in front of their Alpha. Shamus looked at them with cold eyes. "Alpha Hamish told us about your mate having to be twins," Alex answered.

"What's the problem boss?" Devon asked as he looked at Shamus worriedly.

He shakily sighed and leaned his head back against the wall. "Everything. My dad and her are hiding something about my mate and the pack my mate came from. The Elders are coming tomorrow to talk about my very mysterious mate," he said the last part through gritted teeth.

Alex nodded then looked to the ground. "They are identical twins. So the both could be your mate. It is a stated fact that it becomes survival of the fittest in the womb of the mother during her time of labor. Both of the unborn babies will fight till the death." Shamus looked at Alex as he explained to him. Alex continued, "In this case, both girls were born. So, it's not a secret that will make the Elders unpleased and make your father and Janis to hide anything."

"Then in this case, something must have happened," Devon said as he leaned back on his hands. "But what could it be?"

All three men sat there and thought about it. Alex deeply thought about the possibility and when it hit, his eyes slightly widen. "Could it be...that one of them had died?" Alex asked in a whisper. Shamus looked at him then he too thought about it. "A twin dying and was declared dead but later came back to life but was still declared as dead."

"Whoa!" Devon yelled out as he stared wide eyed at Alex. "Biggest shit ever to hide!"

Alex nodded. "If the Elders were to find out that the twin who was supposed to be dead is still very much alive..." He trailed off and looked at the angry Shamus.

"One of them is to die," Shamus finished off. He shot up off the ground and started pacing. But which of the two is supposed to be dead? How is it that they came back alive? Why didn't their parents re-declare the life of the dead one?

Shamus closed his hand into a tight fist. That was exactly it. That was what he was going to go off of. There's no solid evidence until the Elders shows up, but that was what he was going to stick by.

"What were their names?" Devon asked.

Shamus stopped pacing and looked at his Beta. "The one I met was Eliza Youth. The other one is named Abigail."

Both Devon and Alex nodded. Alex stood up and placed a hand on his Alpha's shoulder. "For now, don't use their names. If that is what everybody is hiding and if Eliza is the one is supposed to be dead, you know exactly what they're going to do."

Devon stood up also and stood in front of his two friends. "So, it's settled. We don't know their names, the pack that they are in, and that they are twins."