"So, how'd you register me?" I ask, glancing around the rest of my room. Hopefully, I can put some posters on the walls. It's a bit too plain for my liking.

"Oh, uh. . ." William's cheeks flush the moment his eyes lands on me.

"Is it something bad?"

"N-No, it's just that. . . they registered you as my sister. . ."

My eyes widen. "They. . . did you know about this beforehand?"

"No, they only told me afterward." He shrugs his shoulders. "Though I don't mind much. I've always wanted a sibling. . . I hope this doesn't bother you?"

"No, no, you're fine and perfect." I walk over to him and pull him into a hug. "I'll gladly be your younger sibling if it makes you happy."

I can feel him lean into the hug.

"Thank you."

~~~

After our sweet bonding moment, William and I made our way to the vending machine where the others were supposedly waiting for us.

"Man, this stupid machine always cheats you out of your money!" Odd sighs as he impatiently waits for his drink to hardly poor into his cup.

Ulrich shakes his head and leans on the wall next to the machine. "For two dollars, you'd think it would be better tasting."

"Why not just buy the ingredients to make your own?" I suggest as I sit down on the bench up against the wall. William sits on top of the back support of the bench.

"The only way you could make money here is by finding it somewhere on the ground or working in the lunchroom," Odd explains. He takes a sip of what little of his drink there is only to spit it out.

A loud and irritable scream startles me. Odd had just happened to spray his drink all over Sissi's shirt.

"Oh, hey, Sissi!" Odd smiles. "Is that stain a new color your trying? For once, it actually looks good on you!"

She growls in frustration. "Odd! I just bought this yesterday!" She grips the collar of his shirt. "This was fifty dollars!"

Okaay, grabbing my friend's shirt is a no-no. Time to step in before she starts throwing aimless punches.

"Sissi, with all the money you could ever have, that's the outfit you go for?" I shake my head. "And I thought people with money knew how to dress in style."

Sissi opens her mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. All three of the boys look at me with shocked expressions. I shrug my shoulders. This just comes naturally to me. I suppose, and besides, she needs to learn how to relax.

Her face was red with embarrassment. Sissi huffs and stomps with Nicholas and Herb following her like lost puppies.

"Woohoo~!" Odd and I bump fist. "Way to put her in her place, (Y/n)!"

"Now, if you continue to do that, you'll fit right in with the rest of us in no time." Ulrich smiles.

Getting praised over something so small. . . it kinda feels nice. I guess I'll have to come up with more in my spare time.

"Woah, what was that all about?" I look over to see Jeremie with his laptop in hand, Yumi and Aelita are by his side.

"Was she actually crying?" Yumi glances over at Ulrich. "Finally, turned her down directly?"

Ulrich sighs. "Despite how mean she is, I just can't bring myself to do it." A few of us made a 'tsk' like sound.

"(Y/n) just roasted Sissi! It was awesome!" Odd exclaims.

"Looks like you're fitting into our little family just fine." Aelita hums. I can't help but smile.

"Anywho," Jeremie clears his throat. "Since it's Sunday, I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to have (Y/n) scanned so she can officially become a Lyoko Warrior. This way, she won't be affected by future Return to the Past's."

"Oh, really?" I can just feel my excitement bubbling within my chest. "That sounds awesome! I can't wait to actually be inside one of those things!"

William chuckles. "You're too excitable. It's not that big of a deal."

"I guess you're right. . ." I shrug my shoulders and fiddle with the ends of my shirt. "It's just, as a kid, I had always dreamt of going in a Scanner to help you guys fight Xana. And now that it's actually happening, ooh boy."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Ulrich walks ahead and motions for the rest of us to follow. "Your lifelong dream isn't going to happen with us just standing around doing nothing."

I smile brightly and nod. I guess I can finally check this off my bucket list.

{Edited 2/11/20}

{1410 Words}