Kenma Kozume.

Requested by @TheCthulhu~! I've decided to try an AU one, so here goes nothing! TRIGGER WARNING!

••••••••••

6:30 am.

[Y/N] kept her dull eyes fixated on the ceiling above, sprawled across the bed she shared with Kenma. Another night without him beside her. Smoke lingered around the room as she sat up and removed the cigarette from her lips.

She blew out a puff of smoke, glancing around and finding herself looking at her reflection from the mirror that hung from the wall. She used to be more..radiant. Now, all she sees is a girl who's just tired of everything.

She's crossing all the lines.

Her cheeks were hollow and there were dark circles under her eyes. There was also a cut on her lip from her previous fight with Kenma.

Suddenly, the doorknob turned and the pudding head teen entered the room.

A bottle of alcohol was held in one hand as he slowly approached the girl with a threatening look upon his visage. She flinched slightly once she felt his hot breath against her flushed skin.

She quickly discarded of the cigarette on the ashtray on their bedside table as she pulled the teen closer. She suddenly felt like she was losing herself in his touch.

The boy trailed kisses down her jaw, but the old spark wasn't there anymore. Absentmindedly, she blinked the tears away and shook her head as she placed a palm upon his chest to keep distance between them.

"What's wrong?" he asked, his brows furrowed as his face contorted into it's calm demeanor.

"What happened to us, Kenma?" she chokes out a small sob, lifting her half-lidded gaze to face the teen.

This question left him speechless.

They used to be so happy. Now, they're relationship was just badly fucked up and they knew it. They just kept denying it - up to the point that it's slowly destroying them from the inside.

"What the fuck does that mean?" he growls, his hands tightly balled into fists as he stood up from the bed.

"We can't keep this up..sooner or later, it'll end. You know that, Kenma. We're not happy, anymore." she weakly replies, afraid of what he might do.

That's when the teen snapped. He roughly grabbed the female's wrist and made her stand on her feet. [Y/N] didn't expect what happened next.

He tugged harshly on her hair which made her fall on the ground, the right side of her face taking some of the impact. She whimpered softly and propped herself up, slowly getting up.

Then, she raised her hand and slapped him across the face with all her might. Due to the amount of force she applied, Kenma's face whipped to the side.

Carefully, he touched the bruise forming on his cheek and clenched his jaw.

"Tch. I'm leaving." he replied sharply, snatching his leather jacket from the hanger and approaching the door.

"Don't you dare walk out on me, again!" [Y/N]'s tears didn't stop as she yelled those words, "You're not walking out on me again!"

Kenma sent her one last glare before exiting and slamming the door shut. The female continued to sob uncontrollably as her back slid down against the wall. Eventually, he'll be back soon. That's just how things go between them.

We're young and dumb. We do stupid things when it comes to love - even if it means losing yourself.

He was my addiction.

And I was his.

Tomorrow, I know that he'll come back wanting more.

What we have was still worth fighting for.

That, I'm sure of.