08

Brooklyn's point of view

"Ashton?" I asked and he looked up from his phone. "Can I go Amelia's house today?" I asked and he bit his bottom lip.

"Uh, I don't know. I don't know her or her parents." He told me and I nodded. "Maybe, if her parents let her, she can come by here for a bit. I doubt they'd let her because they don't know us though."

"I'll ask." I said and he nodded. I walked out of his room and then pulled my phone out. I texted her that if she wanted she could come by here and then she asked for the address.

"They said she can." I called out, assuming she can because she asked for the address, and he told me to keep my door open if Nate is dropping by as well. I rolled my eyes and then laughed.

I gave her the address and she told me she'd be here in twenty minutes. I went up to my room and then quickly changed out of my sweats and t-shirt.

I grabbed a maroon sweatshirt and then I pulled on a pair of ripped black high-waisted shorts. I laced a pair of heeled combat boots on and then I brushed my hair out.

I grabbed a black flowercrown head band and then I put it on, making sure to hide the elastic string behind all of my hair.

I skipped the make-up and then I walked downstairs as I shoved my phone into my pocket. "You look nice, what's going on?" Michael asked me.

"My friend is coming over." I said and he nodded. I sat down beside him and then I looked at him. "Why do we match?" I asked and he looked down at his maroon sweatshirt, black skinny jeans, and combat boots.

"Because great minds think alike." He said and I laughed. "Plus, maroon and black go so perfectly together." He told me and I agreed.

The doorbell rang and I practically jumped out of my seat. I went to the door and then opened it, seeing my friend with bright pink hair.

"Why, don't you look bright." I said, motioning to her all black clothes and her black skateboard. She bared her teeth at me and then we both laughed. "Come in."

She walked in and then I closed my door. "Uh, Michael is in the living room, Ashton is in his room, and the other two are out doing god knows what."

"It's cool. I wasn't planning on hanging out with the band though." She told me and I nodded. "I have to say, I quite like when you're dressed dark like that. It really suits you."

"Thanks I guess." I said and she nodded. "Come on, I'll take you my room." I said and Michael looked at us.

"Hey." Amelia said, saluting the boy on the couch. "You're Michael?"

"Yep." He said and nodded. "You're Amelia? The drummer with pink hair?" He asked and she chuckled.

"Born and raised." She said and nodded. "You told them about me, how cute Brookey." She said and pinched my cheeks.

"Hands off the royal goods, only authorized personnel can touch." I said and pushed her hand off of my cheek.

"I could never be authorized, I hate playing by the rules." She said and I nodded as I rubbed my cheek. "So, Michael, I like the outfit."

"Thanks, your's is pretty badass too." He said and she thanked him. "Don't you have a twin? Nate?"

"Oh yeah, Nathaniel. He's with some other friends right now." She lied and he nodded. "Guys gotta hang out with other guys, he told me."

"Well, you two go up to Brooklyn's room. Go have fun and do whatever girls do." He said and we nodded. I took her up to my room and then I closed the door