4

|Halyn|

School dragged by Friday morning, and I found myself bouncing with excitement while waiting for Ash. He had told me all about his practice the night before, and I was happy that 5 Seconds of Summer were good lads. But today was our annual movie night, so I was looking forward to movies and cuddles. I had already decided that we'd see The Lazarus Effect. I love horror movies.

"LYN!" Ashton's voice tears through the lot, making me jolt out of my thoughts.

"Hey Ash," I greet him as he approaches. "What's new?"

"Not much, babes, not much. Today's movie night, you ready for Evan Peters in that horror film?" Ashton asks, slinging his arm loosely around my shoulders and leading me to the car. He knows me so well.

"Hells yes! I still can't get over how much you look like him, though. It's unreal," I remark, settling into the passenger seat.

"Speaking of unreal, 5 Seconds of Summer has a gig at the Annandale Hotel on the Sunday. I'm gonna drum, wanna come for the music and hot post gig sex?" Ash asks, scratching the back of his neck. I resist the urge to roll my eyes-- did he seriously think I wouldn't go to his first gig with these lads?

"Of course I'll go! I'm skipping on the sex though. Yuck," I stick out my tongue. "Your house or mine?" I inquire, buckling the seatbelt.

"Yours. That way Harry and Lauren can leave us alone. You're so lucky that you're an only child, Lyn," Ash replies, driving to my house. I nod in agreement.

"Let's get this party started!"

-:-

Slowly, I shudder awake, blinking the morning haze out of my eyes. Ashton is asleep on the other end of the couch, our feet tangled a bit in the middle. I nestle further into the blanket draped over me. That was a night well spent. Ashton wakes up across from me, smiling.

"Morning, Lyn," his raspy morning voice mumbles slowly.

"Morning Ash. Want breakfast?" I question, getting off the couch and stretching. I wrap the blanket around me for more warmth. Ashton gets up too, somewhat energized at the mention of food.

"Waffles?" He asks, hopefully.

"Alright, I think Mum put leftover batter in the fridge." I go into the kitchen, grabbing a tub of my Mum's homemade waffle batter. Ashton follows and gets the iron. We make waffles so often after sleepovers that we have the entire process down pat.

"Ooh! BACON!" Ash squeals, pulling it out and getting it spread into a pan. I grin at his weirdness, turning the iron on and pouring the first waffle inside. Ashton puts the music on his phone on shuffle, and we dance as we cook.

"Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days, when mama sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out," Tyler Joseph sings. Twenty One Pilots is a fantastic band. I wiggle my body around in the craziest dance moves possible, Ashton doing the same. After a good amount of music, breakfast is done.

"This why I love your house," Ash groans, stuffing his face with waffles and bacon, syrup dropping down his chin. I snap a discreet picture of the mess he's making before eating my own heavenly food.

"Well, you're in luck because you are welcome to come over any time," my Mum says, barging into the kitchen. "You two are such good kids," she smiles, ruffling Ashton's hair.

"Oh! I almost forgot. I have band practice all day today, for our gig tomorrow. I can pick you up for that, yeah?" Ash remarks, putting our dishes in the dishwasher.

"Of course. I was gonna have a Netflix date with Sam and Dean Winchester today anyways, so," I reply, and we head up to my room to get ready for the day. I change into different pajamas, and Ashton grabs a pair of skinnies and a tee shirt from my closet.

"You know, I'm really glad that you're my best friend, Halyn. I have no idea what I would do without you as my sidekick," the blonde boy says sweetly, giving me a sidelong glance. I put my hands on my hips.

"I'm not your sidekick! I think we both know that I'm the hero here," I sass, pulling him into a bear hug. "But seriously, I love you and wouldn't want to live a life that you weren't in as my best friend," I mumble into his chest, clinging to his strong arms for longer than really necessary. What can I say, Ash has some serious muscles and he makes me feel safe.

"I love you too, Halyn," he grins, squeezing me one last time before we break apart. "I'll see you tomorrow, mkay?" He kisses the top of my head before leaving to go to band practice. And I begin my long day of Netflix and video games, curling into my couch and only getting up to pee and eat. It was wonderful. I even ordered a pizza. I couldn't wait to see 5 Seconds of Summer, or as I dubbed it last night, 5SOS, live. I knew Ashton was a brilliant drummer, and I was bursting with excitement. I knew that they all had a sleepover, jamming out until late at night, and I was really excited to see their gig.

I felt like nothing in the world could go wrong.