Chapter 7. Lies and Truths

Start from the beginning

"Please, Lexi you have to believe me." He begged and grabbed my arm and at the touch of his hand I felt a million electrons go off in me and my breathing hitched. It's like a firework went off on me. I jumped back.

That was so weird. I've never felt that with anyone before.

"I know you felt it too" he stepped closer to me but I stepped back.

He's so weird and probably used some dark magic to make me feel that way.

You know that's not possible.

Ok, I know that's probably not true but right now I'm so confused and I just want to be with Liam. I ran back to the cafeteria and sat at my table with Liam.

"So, what did you and Nathan talk about?" Liam asked.

"He went on about something about you stealing me from him and Wildersbane and whatnot..." I said distractedly eating my food.

"W-Wildersbane?" Liam asked looking scared.

"Yeah. He said you used that on me to make me forget about him."

"...." Liam bit his lip and looked down. I didn't think Liam would care about what Nathan said. Nathan is a liar.

"Liam, I don't believe what Nathan said. I know you would never do that to me" I leaned over and kiss Liam on the cheek.

-

I'm just on my way home from school and I keep thinking about what happened with Nathan. I felt sparks when he touched me and it was kind of scary. That doesn't just happen to people.

I finally came home and my sister was standing right there with her hands on her hips. She reminded of mom but just a bit more snobby.

"Why are you saying that Nathan isn't your mate?" She asked.

"That's because Nathan isn't my mate" I threw my bag on the floor and walked past her. She had the same look everyone had when I told them that Nathan wasn't my mate. He must've have brainwashed them to believe or he spread a rumour around our school.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed some pop tarts from the pantry and a bottle of coke and took it to the living room with me. I switched on the TV and instantly it was on the news.

"A huge supply of Wildersbane was stolen from the Parliamentary House of Northbrooke. Police are on the hunt to find out who stole it. There will be a $20,000 reward for anyone who finds the culprit. Back to you Steven" the news guy said.

I switched off the TV instantly.

Everything is so confusing right now. What Nathan said was obviously a lie but I don't know why he would do that. He seemed like a nice, shy, kid.

That's when it him me. Because our parents are enemies, his alpha probably told him to make up a stupid lie to trick me. The Curtis family are evil. I should've seen it coming. Nathan is crazier than I thought.

I went upstairs to change into some different clothes for when I meet Liam up at the park.

I got changed into some black leggings, a nirvana top, some black vans and I put my dark wavy hair into a high ponytail.

I made my way to the park to meet Liam. He was already there sitting on picnic bench waiting for me.

"Hey" I said and sat down next to him. Luckily I bought a few snacks from the corner shop on my way here.

"Hey" he said quietly. He seemed to be in a bad mood.

"I brought some snacks for us. I've got Lays, Donuts, Flavoured Water and-" I started but he cut me off.

"Lexi, I did something really bad." He grabbed my hands in his. I expected to feel a spark because that's what happened last time with Nathan but nothing happened with Liam.

"What?" I asked a bit worried. Liam looked so distressed and it made me a bit sad.

"I...I- I..." He started saying but I didn't understand a word he said.

"Take your time, Liam. No ones rushing you to tell me." I said. " In fact, I don't want to know"

"You need to know" he snapped.

"Err...ok" I said a more worriedly. I was getting scared of what Liam was going to say.

"Everything Nathan said was true"

I couldn't comprehend the words he just said. What Nathan said was all a lie.

"Everything Nathan said was a lie. His family put him up to it and they wanted him to trick me-"

"Lexi you don't understand! I did everything he said. You used to be his mate and I was angry and I stole him from you...a-and I stole W-Wildersbane and injected it into you so you would forget!" He raged.

I didn't know what to believe anymore. I don't have any memory of Nathan and I don't believe Liam could do something like that.

"I'm a rapist and a criminal."  He broke down and started crying.

"Liam, it's okay" I reassured him.

"No, it's not okay. I'm a monster. I don't deserve you" he cried.

I still didn't believe 100% that Liam did those things because I know he's not the type of guy to do that. I couldn't deny my feelings for Liam. No matter what he does, he's my mate and I still have feelings for him.

"Liam, I still love you"

__________________________
A/n: Hey guys, I know everything is going by so quickly but don't worry. This book isn't going to end at 10 chapters😂 there's still loads more to come. What do you think of Liam and Lexi? Do you ship them or nah? COMMENT and VOTE and SHARE! Bye💖