Chapter 7. Lies and Truths

Still Nathan's POV

It's lunchtime and I'm sitting in the library trying to study. I have a finals exam next week and I hope I don't fail it. My dad would be really angry and probably disown me.

But I couldn't get over the fact that Liam is Lexi's mate now. Just yesterday she was mine and now she's gone. It just shows how much your life could change overnight.

Liam is such a dick. He threatened to call the police on me just because his dad is a police officer. He can't just ask him dad to arrest me for no reason. What an idiot.

All I think about is Lexi and it hurts me every time I think about how she doesn't even remember me. It's not normal for her to just forget me like that. The way she looked at me earlier sent shivers down my spine. She didn't even know who I was.

That only happens when someone takes Wildersbane but she couldn't have. Liam couldn't have given it to her. He has no access to it. Only the police and the government has access to it.

It's...not possible, that Liam would've gotten some from...his dad.

I know it's a crazy thought and Liam wouldn't be that insane or would he? Right now a million thoughts are going through my head. I have to find Lexi.

I packed my bag and walked out of the library and to the cafeteria. I looked around and I saw her sitting on a table with Liam. I was surprised that she wasn't sitting with her friends.

I was contemplating whether to go up to her friends and ask them if they've noticed that Lexi's been acting up but I also wanted to go up to her in person.

Here goes nothing.

Lexi POV

I was sitting at a table with Liam in the cafeteria, eating pizza. I didn't want to sit with Maci, Kev and Jake because they were quite rude to me in the morning.

"Can we go to the park today after school?" I asked.

"Sure." He said.

"5:30pm?" I suggested.

"Ok."

In the corner of my eye I see Nathan walking up to us. He's so desperate and annoying.

"Lexi, can I talk to you please?" He asked.

I barely know this guy and he keeps going on about how we used to know each other and he used to be my mate. I think I would remember if he was my mate.

"Fine" I said.

"No, don't go." Liam grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Don't worry" I reassured him and walked off with Liam.

He took me behind the lockers to talk.

"Lexi, I know you think Liam is your mate but-"

"Liam is my mate." I rolled my eyes at his delusional words. I knew he would just keep going on about how he's my mate. My family and his are enemies, so we could never be mates.

"This might sound scary but Liam stole you from me and he used Wildersbane to erase your memory of me" he said.

"What wrong with you? Liam would never do that me. Besides, Wildersbane is illegal so I don't know how he could get it."

"His dad is a police officer and the police are the only ones with access to it. Liam's dad is a police officer."

"Liam would never do that to me, and I think I would know if I took Wildersbane" I folded my arms.