chapter 7

Master chief's POV

We landed in halo, the island. We jumped off and met with the marines that were already there. "There's covenant here" said one of the marines. "I know, but hold your fire" I replied.

"Chief, your mission is to get into the enemy ship, find the map room find your way out, and then your done" said Cortana quickly. "Good Luck Chief".

I called the marines to start going. I grabbed my sniper rifle and aimed It at a grunt. I shot it and then shot some more covenant. "Any body order a warthog?" asked Cortana. A warthog was dropped next to me. Blue Spartan jumped in the passengers seat and one of the marines jumped in the gunman's spot.  we drove about 2 miles when we started to see structure. We drove up the hill and we saw the structure we were assigned to go in. We all jumped out and aimed our guns.

It was quiet till I got pushed to the ground hard. I looked around and saw a giant hunter sitting behind me. The gunman aimed his gun the started shooting. All the covenant there popped out of nowhere and started shooting they're guns. After a short while we had killed the covenant. Blue Spartan and the gunman were about to run inside the structure but I told them to wait. My rifle was out of ammo. I went over to a grunt and grabbed it's plasma pistol and another grunt's needler.

"Go!" I said as we ran in. We ran down and down till we got to a small hall area. I looked out the window and saw the bottomless pit. 

"Hunters!" blue Spartan yelled.

We fought them off and right before we went through the door to the ship, it closed.

"Chief, its closed, what do we do?" asked blue Spartan.

"You have to find a way to open it chief, Quick!" said Cortana through the walkie talkie.

"there's your answer blue Spartan" I said.