chapter 4

Blue Spartan's POV

the gunman and I obeyed master chief and went to go take down the other Spartans.

"On my count, 1,2,3 GO!" I said with a stutter in my voice.

We both ran in and took out our sniper guns. The Spartans were nowhere to be seen.

the gunman and I were circling each other. Suddenly, out of all the quietness. One of the Spartans got me by the neck and began crushing my helmet so he could suffocate me. gasping for breath, I dropped my gun and started to go unconscious. I saw the gunman's corpse laying in front of me. I knew I could get this straight before I'm dead. I reached my foot out to grab the sniper gun, but It was too far. I could feel my brain body shutting down. I finally got the gun and I got it in my grip. I aimed the gun at the Spartans head, and I pulled the trigger several times. I could feel the Spartan's grip loosening faster and faster. I finally was out of his grip. I fell down to the ground, took a deep breath, then went unconscious.

Master chief's POV

as I went farther and farther into the halls, it got shakier. Pieces rock were falling everywhere, I had already turned off all the terminals except one. I had looked everywhere and I couldn't find it. I decided to check one last tunnel.

I walked and walked it went on and on. I kept falling on the ground because it was so shaky. Finally I saw a light, I turned on my flash light just to see a terminal standing in front of me. I quickly ran to it and put my hand on the panel switch. I quickly pulled the switch down and the light faded away.

But I was too late. The place would self destruct in 20 seconds. I had to save my team before I escape. I ran as fast as my two legs could carry me. I was knocked down my the shaking part of the time. I found the tunnel that we first came in and I sprinted right into it. the shakiness was stronger every time a took a step forward. I finally found my team. I was shocked at what I had saw. I saw the corpse of the dead gunman in the entrance way, and Unconscious body of Blue Spartan. "They just weren't strong enough" I thought to myself. I kneeled down to blue Spartan and shook him hard . after 3 minutes of trying to wake him up, he woke up and groaned. "am I dead" he asked.

"No, that's not important, we have to get out of this stupid place, and not DIE!" I said in anger. I pulled him up and told him to run. we only had 8 seconds till the halls self destructs. We saw the exit we were a few feet away from escaping when the place blew up. We were blown out of the place unconscious.

We were finally safe.