one

NINA NELSON

FIRST OFF, I HATED MOVING TO NEW PLACES. You'd have to deal with new people, new school, new unknown places. I hated the thought of it.

My parents thought it'd be a cool idea to move out of state. We lived in Houston, Texas almost our whole lives, so we decided to move more up states and was now in Omaha, Nebraska.

"I'd appreciate it if someone actually helped me with the furniture." Dad said, as he struggled to get the couch into the house.

"Dad, we're all girls." I said. "Monty is in Kansas." Monty was my oldest brother. He's out of state for college, so now it was just my two younger sisters and I.

"That doesn't mean at least one of you could at least help me." Dad said. Mom rolled her eyes.

"I'll help you with the larger things. Girls, get all the extra things and set them in the house how you'd like it." She told us and we all nodded.

About thirty minutes later, the house was starting to look like our house. Our picture frames on the wall, Mom and Dad's furniture everywhere. There was four bedrooms; one for our parents, one for me, one for my two younger sisters to share, and the guest room.

It was around 3:00 p.m. and Mom started cooking dinner. Cooking dinner early is something that ran in the family. Dad was in the living room watching some sports game I didn't care about. And my younger sisters were in the room, playing with their dolls.

As soon as I decided to go up to my room, Mom calls me. "Nina!"

I groaned. "What now?"

"Instead being stuck in your room all day, how about you go be nice and introduce yourself to the neighbors?"

"I can't." I tell her.

"Why?" She asks.

"It's too farrrr." I groaned, throwing my head back in agony. "I'm too tired."

"Stop being so lazy and go!" She scolded.

"Why do you keep making me do so much tasks?" I whined. "I have a life."

"Behind your phone? Sure." Mom rolled her eyes. "This is the last time I'm telling you to go introduce yourself, alright?"

"Dadddd." I turned to him.

He didn't bother looking back, his eyes were glued to the television. He waved me off, "Listen to your mother."

"Fine." I spat. "If you guys haven't really noticed by now, I don't like a lot of people."

I went back into my room and changed into something casual and fixed my hair in a half-up and half-down kind of way, letting my locks fall loose. I grab my phone and walked outside.

I walked to the house on my right, rung the door bell and waited. I heard a few ruffling going on before the door opened. A tall blonde guy with brown eyes, standing in front of me with no shirt and brushing his teeth.

I give him a funny look. "This how you greet people now? Shirtless, in gym shorts and brushing your teeth? How unique." I rolled my eyes.

He took the tooth brush out of his mouth and gave me a small smile. "Sorry."

"I'm Nina, new neighbor, right next door." I said as he shook my hand.

"Samuel's m'name." He says, smiling. "Call me Sam or Sammy. You look, fine as hell by the way, can I have your number?"

I give him a hard look. "No." I say. "Nice knowing you."

I walked away. I could already tell I wasn't going to like him.

•••

When 2:00 a.m. hit, I decided to take a shower. My night was filled with movies for the past hours. I took a quick rinse I dried myself off, towel drying my hair.

I threw on some sexy clothing I bought before I got here. I only wore them for my boyfriend, who was still back in Texas. Every night we basically sexted each other when we were apart. I always took pictures of the outfits I was in on my computer, then I'd send them to him on my phone.

I put on lacy underwear with cute knee high socks and fixed my hair in a side braid. I opened up Photo Booth on my laptop and started snapping tease-like pictures. Afterwards, I took pictures of them on my phone and sent them to my boyfriend, Alec.

Afterwards, I changed into more comfortable sleeping clothes. Before I turned off the light, I noticed my window was open. Funny thing is, I don't remember keeping my window open.

I walk over to the window and looked outside to Sam's house who was right across from mine. When I looked at the window at his house, the blinds jerked close.

I furrowed my eyebrows before closing the window.

•••

hey guys , i know this chapter isn't all that good, but it gets better i promise (:

thoughts?

- cashwilk