Chapter 4: Recording Friends

Winter smiled at me with a playful wink and I watched as she mouthed 'facecam on'. It took me a moment to shake myself out of it, only to continue to stare in awe as I watched her grin and enthusiastically spread greetings and air kisses through the camera. This is the stuff I watched Ihascupquake, Pewdiepie, Captinsparklez, and so many other youtubers do for a job. This is the stuff I've dreamed of doing and thinking I never could. Not with my situation. But here she was, Winter was simply enjoying the company of the camera, it seemed. She waved me over and pat a hand on the red stool next to her.
"And today guys, I actually have a guest here with me. And this guest just so happens to have awesome blue hair..." she grinned as I came slowly over and sat as if there might be a tack on the seat. This must have looked somewhat amusing because once I was comfortably, awkward in my seat Winter gave a chuckle and ran a hand through her long dark brown waves, turning back to the screen.

"So, my beautiful people, this is-" she stopped and turned to me. I glanced at the camera that still brilliantly glowed, and after following my gaze she shook her head with a light smile. "I'll edit this out later, it's not a live stream. I was wondering, Hope, I wasn't sure if you gamed or not." She used her hands, gesturing as she spoke. "Shelly hadn't really told me much about you." Her smile went crooked, almost apologetically.  She seemed to make that face a lot. I nodded, understanding.
"I've always enjoyed minecraft, and other games as well, yes." I smiled. She nodded and tilted her head. "Would you like to just be called Hope or-"

"Hopeful."
I interrupted with a thoughtful squint.

She took a moment with her eyes shut and smiled muttering it again. "Hopeful....I love it..." she glanced at the wall behind me. As she turned to the computer again, I saw what she had glanced at. It was a large twisted cross, it looked like a bent up tree with a flowery icfus hidden in the intricate details of the bark. It was beautifully shaded with dark mahogany and hints of teal and tinges of coral. I finally turned back to the camera and gave a go ahead to Winter.
"This is in fact 'Hopeful', a new friend of mine who will be gaming with me today!" Winter shouted excitedly and made jazz hands torward me. That made me laugh and that made her smile. She ended up handing me a laptop and after I logged into my own account, we both had fun on a local Minecraft server. An hour had seemed to fly by and once that time was up, a loud chiming was heard from the back of the room. Imediately Winter looked at the camera and grinned. 

"Alrighty, peoples that's all for today, love you all, and until next time, bia!!" She then winked at the camera in a playful tease, and the red light on the camera turned off. She smiled and turned the chiming off, and set up the editing software. "You were awesome, Hops, i enjoyed recording with you! Thanks for being my guest!"
I smiled and I felt my cheeks flush a little. I appreciated the praise, and bluntly, I needed it. I hadn't really been complimented of appraised since I was a kid- er, smaller. It took a while,  but she finally got done editing and began uploading. While it finished up, Winter tugged me to the kitchen and we ate ice cream out of its carton.

Why? I don't know,  but I had fun and could get used to her.