chapter five

Harry's pov

Next day

"It's like a 200 pound weight on your chest, slowly crushing you. Making your life questionable. Life is just day by day. The happiness is drained like old bath water. I'd kill to be normal." Mort spoke to me.

"What do you think about during the day?" I asked him looking into his eyes.

"This world has gotten so violent and cruel that no one knows that to believe. Everything is a lie. No one takes time anymore to understand other people's point of view." He explained to me while looking down at him hands.

"Changing the world starts with changing yourself for the better." I say to his patting his back softly.

"You're nice to me Harry." He quietly spoke as I stood up.

"The nicest people have always been mistreated. They don't want other people to feel the way they have." I explain as I left his room.

I made my way to the cafeteria to hear Louis mumbling under his breathe as he cleaned all of the dishes.

"Hi." I said rather loud. The smaller boy jumped and had a mad look on his face.

"You scared me you baboon." Louis said placing his small hands upon the edge of the sink.

"Sorry Lou, can I call you Lou?" I asked politely moving closer towards where he was moving past all the tables.

"Whatever. Something you want?" He mumbled turning the water off.

"Actually yes. On my way in I noticed that upfront Mary has a sign out sheet. I was wondering if I could treat you to dinner?" I asked with a grin.

"Are you asking me on a date?! Are you gay?!?" Louis said loudly backing up acting as if I was contagious.

"Calm down Lou. I just would like to get you out for a while if you'd like." I said inching closer.

"Why? So you can show your dumb friends how messed up I am? So you can make fun of me?! Is that what you want?!" He said angrily slamming his small fist against the table.

"Louis look I just wanted to treat you to a meal. I don't think your messed up." I said looking into the boys blue, bloodshot eyes.

"I mean it don't try to treat me like an idiot, because I will mess you up curly." Louis said turning the sink back on.

"So is that a yes?" I asked in a high pitched voice with a smile upon my face. Louis couldn't help but smile at me.

"6 o'clock." Louis said running his fingers through his brown hair and turning the water back on and grabbing another plate.

"I look forward to it!" I said happily ruffling my curls and feeling a smile upon Louis face as I continued to go from room to room checking in and talking to people.

"Afternoon Jane." I say going in slowly.

Jane is a transgender. She has been since she was ten years old. After being bullied by nearly everyone in her school, it led to over ten attempts at suicide. She was a beautiful young fourteen year old. Short dishwater blonde hair, also mesmerizing brown eyes.

"Hi Harry." She spoke calmly putting the book she was reading down on her night stand.

"Tell me." She said softly shifting in her chair. I walked over to the other leather chair next to her and sat down.

"What do you mean?" I said confusedly grinning while admiring the smile that was put upon her face.

"You're grinning like a fool! Something must have happened silly!" She said nudging me a tad making me giggle.