Intermission

I believe this is the perfect time for us to have a little intermission.

I mean, Renata has basically started anew and is beginning a whole new chapter in her life. So before we delve into her fresh, new start on life, I thought it would be generous of me to give you a little break to reflect on what has happened so far in the story and maybe piece together some parts you thought were confusing.

However, this intermission is a bit different.

As we speak, time still passes. That being said, I think that by now, Renata is already in the Survey Corps HQ training her little heart off. It's been... about two weeks since she arrived.

Ah, my apologies. You must be confused as to why she's back to training again. To keep things simple, Erwin demoted her. She is no longer Squad Leader as her technical skills and agility are not up to par.

Can you guess who her trainer is? Yes yes... You're absolutely correct. Levi is training her to a pulp. Do you want to know something else? He volunteered to do this.

Volunteered. As in: he wanted to train her.

In addition, his persistence in doing so is unbelievably high. Soldiers walk by Renata and know that she's the one who's going through "Captain's hell." Yes. They even have an infamous name for it.

I wonder what she'll be like after trudging through this "Captain's hell."

Hm? Who am I, you ask? Well, I'm just a mere voice the author has created for the purpose of transitioning you readers through this intermission. I have no body. I have no appearance. I have no role in this story. Unless you really want to give me a name and body to act as my vessel, then by all means, go ahead. Give me any cheesy name you have in that head of yours and I'll accept it. Heck, I'll even allow you to make me look like an animal. I'm just a voice with a purpose.

Now setting that aside... You must have a few questions. Feel free to ask me.

Oh. One already?

Renata and Levi's relationship? Ah... I see. Yes, I will happily tell you about that.

Hm... Would you look at that...It's already been one month since you last saw Renata and they are currently preparing for an expedition. How time flies.

It seems that they are merely mentor and student with equal respect for each other. Both are comfortable in each other's presence, even though Levi is a bit hard (Actually, I think "extremely hard" would be more suitable) on Renata due to her intensive training. But he's like this for her own good.

I think I should explain that Levi was the one who was able to convince Erwin to get Renata back. After seeing how she was able to greatly impact the young soldiers who were about to throw away their own lives, he realized something about her that he hadn't noticed before. She altered their final choice to one that they would never regret for the rest of their lives, which is something that immediately caught his eye. The thought of her ability to do this sparked a small light in his memories, as he was reminded of his dark past. Levi automatically realized that Renata would be a potent leader who would direct her troops in the right path, just as she did to these soldiers. So he decided to do all he could to bring her back.

He did agree with Erwin about her mediocre 3D Maneuver Gear skills and subpar physical ability. Therefore, he was able to persuade the stubborn commander to allow him to whip her into shape. This captain wanted to make her a Squad Leader.

It wasn't this simple to completely persuade Erwin. Levi had to round up his whole squad and other troops who have worked closely with the girl to prove to Erwin that he was not alone in thinking that Renata should have stayed. What overwhelming work for one man... No wonder it took a full month for the commander to send that letter.

But tell me, does such devotion not make Levi all the more great-hearted?

Forgive me for such a long explanation of sorts... I tend to do that. Hopefully I answered your question somewhere in there.

I will be present in this page's cozy comment section, waiting for any more questions you may have. I am a lonely voice that this author has trapped in here, so I would be more than happy to talk to someone. Anyone.

It was truly an honor talking to you during this brief intermission.

And would you look at that. It's been four months already and Renata is still plodding through the "Captain's hell."

Are you ready to see what kind of a muscle machine she has become?

Then, please, do continue.