Absentmindedly, I picked up the card to check it a second time to observe its fancy paint job. American Express. I had never seen a card like this before. I mean, the paint job was something new to me. So, I took my brand new phone and googled it. I definitely loved the Internet and technology. My eyes almost fell out of their sockets when I read about this card.

Holy mother of God.

If what people were saying about being able to get one of these only by invite was true, Darcy was probably making mad bank. Well, that was an accurate statement of who the man was. He barely knew me and already was handing me a card this valuable? What if I ran away with it? Then what? He would probably be able to find me anyway, but still.

I heard the door open a few seconds before Rose got in, which didn't even remotely take my attention away from the card.

"What are you doing?" She asked, and instead of answering the straightforward question, I decided to just spill out what I had on my mind. I couldn't possibly keep to myself any longer. So I told her about the night I had and my decision to accept Darcy's proposal and that he had ended up buying me a phone by the end of the night and had saved his number, all the while still examining the card.

I was ultimately out of it that even my food was getting cold, and I still didn't care. I just didn't know what to think of it all.

"Did all that happened yesterday night?" She sat down at the table before taking her shoes off.

I looked up briefly and nodded, my eyes going back to the card I had placed in front of me, which she might have noticed because she picked it up off the table.

"Char, do you know how exclusive that card is? Only multi-millionaires that are invited, get to have it. There's maybe like a few thousand of these made in the world." She said. She obviously couldn't contain her excitement over it. I didn't blame her.

"Yeah, I might have read something like that on google." I told her, then asked, "Wait, how do you know that much?" She gave me the card back and got up.

"William has something similar to it." She answered, which actually made sense.

I proceeded to tell her why he gave me the card, to begin with, which, to her, was the best part of the story simply because it meant more shopping. If I had to guess, I would say my friend was a shopaholic, and maybe, just maybe, she needed a bit of help?

____________________

"We'll need a bottle of champagne."

I looked over at the girl with the long brown hair and the light blue eyes standing behind the store counter, then back at Rose, who just looked at me and smiled. I wasn't so sure I was getting what was happening, and by the expression on the girl's face, it seemed like I wasn't the only one.

"I'm sorry?" The girl asked, and instead of answering her, Rose nodded at me and asked me to get out the card. The girl suddenly changed her attitude as soon as she saw it.

"I'll get it right away." She said before walking away almost in a hurry. Rose and I started laughing. Me, because of the way the girl's demeanor and attitude changed.

"That actually worked?" I asked Rose, following her to the chairs set up somewhere close to their changing rooms.

"It's all about money here, Charlotte. She knows what this card means and she knows we're about to spend a shitload of money in her store which means more bonus for her, so she'll try everything to make us happy so we can spend even more and maybe come back." She explained and sat down, so I followed, right as the girl showed up with a tray of glasses and the champagne.