The secret life of sitting in a hospital, and witnessing a miracle happen

Comincia dall'inizio

Logan turned around and saw Vincent Van Hastings jog towards them, with Zen by his side. They stopped by Coach Woods, who listened to them with a skeptical expression. In a matter of seconds, concern touched his features and he nodded.

They made their way over to where Logan and Alec stood--well, in Darkwood's case, knelt.

"What?" Logan asked. He didn't really like Vincent at all. After all, he was the reason why Logan couldn't be with Sparrow.
No. He shouldn't be bitter about that anymore. He had moved on from Sparrow. Logan was with Sophia now. He liked Sophia very much--he always had.

"It's Park," Vincent said, alarm in his voice. Instantly, Darkwood was off his knees. He didn't even wait for Logan, he just dashed off. Irritation pumped through Logan. He was the bodyguard here, not Darkwood!

The four boys ran through the corridors. Zen was in the lead, with Logan and Darkwood close behind. The rear contained Vincent, whom Logan would've thought weak and unable to keep up. But he was jogging with an easy look on his face, like keeping up with three agent-trained teenagers was no problem.

Great. So Van Hastings wasn't just a pretty face.

Zen lead them out into the front courtyard.
Logan's heart nearly stopped.

An ambulance was parked outside the gates, loading a certain red-headed figure into the back. Paramedics surrounded her, and there was a great deal of noise. Panic surged up in Logan's chest and he made a run for her.

"Park!" Logan shouted as he bounded through the gates. But he was stopped by a paramedic, who shoved him away.

"Sir, you can't see her right now. We need to get her to the hospital," the man snapped at Logan. The man's attention was riveted back to Park, who looked pale and--though he didn't want to admit it--dead as she laid on the gurney, her hands folded across her stomach. Her uniform was smeared with dark blood, as was the brilliant fire that was on her head, and her cheeks as well.

Someone pulled him back and he was prepared to fight them off. What had happened?! Why was Park like this?! "Let me go!" he snarled, turning around, preparing to punch whoever it was. It was Darkwood, his freakishly green eyes staring straight through Logan.

"You're not going to help by holding things up," Darkwood advised grimly.

"She's still losing blood!"
"Quick, get her to the hospital now!"

The shouts and the cries and the orders from the paramedics only tightened worry's grip on Logan's mind. Questions flitted through his thoughts, sending wave after wave of sheer horror through him.

"How did she get like this?" he whispered to Darkwood, who looked as equally pale as Logan felt.

"Zen knows," Darkwood answered, beckoning Logan over to where the red-headed Asian boy stood, talking to Vincent with a grave look. "Her father is on the way to get us to the hospital. Don't go running after the ambulance like the idiot you are."

Glad to know somethings stay the same no matter what the circumstances were. With a private scowl, Logan fixed his expression and followed Darkwood over to Zen.

"What happened?' Logan demanded.

"I really have to repeat the story again?" Zen fake groaned. "I'm kidding1" he added when he saw Logan's look of fiery coldness.

"She was paired with Sophia during Chemistry for the experiment. She was absoutely fine when we split up. Pissed off, but didn't seem like she would be expected of a panic attack. And then seven minutes into the experiment, she cried out. Then she screamed and started yelling, 'Make it stop!' over and over again. Then her yees went blank and she collapsed. Park fell against the table while at it and caused the beaker of ice to smash into her head and she hit the ground cold. Both figuratively and literally."