7. Apologies and Japanese

Heh heh. The title ryhmes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kept my eyes on the ground as I followed Sabriel to my next class. I had none of my friends in this class. Except Tall, Dark, and Brooding. Hendrix. I agonize over the fact that he is going to crush me like a soda can after what I did to him in the cafeteria. Just as I was entering through the doorway I was pulled back by Sabriel.

"I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry that I kept Nickie captive. Just please stop ignoring me." He pleads, eyes wide. He puts a folded up piece of paper in my hand and runs off down the hallway. I stare off after him for a second before realizing something.

"Wait! Sabriel!" I run after my dark-haired friend and he looks back. I hand him my drawing of Nibriel and pull his shoulder down to give him a peck on the cheek. I'm not angry at him (Okay maybe a little bit) but I don't deserve the apology, Nickie does. I zoom back over to my classroom before I could see his reaction and into the front seat. I love Japanese culture and all around Japanese and I want to get the most of it. Which means sitting up front.

Once I settle in my seat I look down at the folded paper that Sabriel gave me and unfold it. I suck in a breath, clasping a hand over my mouth.

Unlike Nickie's loose pencil marks, where it looked like he wasn't even trying in it being perfect, Sabriel had made deliberate, dark lines to create me. My head was tilted down in an angle, curls spilling over my shoulders, an ear peeking out of my hair. My eyebrows were scrunched together in concentration as my blue eyes stared at something that wasn't seen on the paper. My freckles were dotted across my face, some in places where I didn't have any. My tongue was poking out the side of my mouth. Every now and then I would see a mistake but that's what I loved about it. Sabriel made this. And it turned out so perfectly imperfect that it was perfect. That doesn't make sense I know but it's beautiful.

In bold chicken scratches above my head was the words, "I'M SORRY, WINNIE." A small sob escapes me. In the right lower corner was a boy stick figure on his knees, little arms meeting in a prayer. But what was so special was that the figure had a batman mask on his bobble head. A tear was coming out of the eye hole, a frown on his face. "Please forgive me." was placed under the little man. "Dark Knight" in tight, small, fancy writing under that little note.

I quickly fold the paper up, afraid that I would burst into tears if I looked any longer. He definitely gets a cookie tomorrow. I look up and smile brightly at Hendrix as he sits behind me.

"Hey Hendrix. You're looking dapper this afternoon." I comment

"What's got you so happy? And why are you crying?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Can't I just be happy to see you? And it's just dust in the eye." I grin, wiping my eyes

"Well considering that you Kung Fu'd me the last time you saw me, I'm not sure about that." He jokes. I giggle and his eyes light up a bit but he doesn't smile.

"Yeah, sorry about that." I apologize sheepishly

"Nah, it's okay. I was being a bit of a jack a-" He replies offhandedly but I cut him off, putting my hand to his mouth.

"Shh! There's children reading this story!" I put a finger to my lips

"Whaf?" He raises an eyebrow at me. I blink rapidly, shaking my head and taking my hand away from his mouth.

"What?" I echo confused.

"You just said there's children reading the story." He says suspiciously, narrowing his eyes.

"I did?" I ask

"Yeah you- Nevermind." He sighs and I nod reluctantly. What did I say? The tardy bell rings. An short asian woman, most likely Japanese, steps out from her desk and to the white board.

"I'm Mrs. Tateyama (A/N: In honor of Ayano Tateyama's mother. May she RIP.) but you can call me Sensei." She writes her name in Romaji before writing it in english underneath. She turns to face us.

"Before I begin, I just want to warn you that I am a drama fanatic and every month I will grade you in your knowledge of Japanese by making you perform in Japanese. Singing, dancing, reenacting. If this isn't what you want then you better leave now."

.......Welp. Guess I'll learn Japanese culture next year.

I stand up, along with 1/4 of the class, and begin to make our way to the door but I didn't make it even a step. Because someone grabbed my shoulder and forcefully pushed me back into my seat.

"If I'm going to do this. I'm dragging you down with me." Hendrix whispers heatedly in my ear.

Crud.

And I was just starting to think that he wasn't a sadist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kinda cut it short.... Meh.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

JAPANESE IS THE BEST WAY TO GO

~Parker~

EDIT: This is the last chapter of my little marathon. I'm proud to say I did this all in a week and took a break in writing for the following week. I hope you have enjoyed this, turtlers.