After a few minutes of persuading, Jack brought out two buckets and a small plastic shovel. We made our way to the middle of the beach, not too far from the net, and settled there.

Jack began loosening the sand while he instructed me to get water from the sea.

With the strong wind blowing in my face, I neared the shoreline.

Glancing back, I saw that Xander was having fun with his friends, and I smiled to no one in particular.

I waited until the shoreline receded, then inched closer to scoop up some water.

Come on...just a little more—MMPH.

All of a sudden, I was hit with a strong wave that reached up above my waist, knocking off my balance.

I felt my feet slip and my knees give in, and I went underneath the surface.

Panicking, my hands unconsciously let go of the bucket as I struggled to push myself off the sand and into a standing position.

The wave drew back into the sea and the current knocked me down once again—but I was able to breathe.

I gasped, coughing and spluttering while I scrambled away from the shoreline, completely forgetting about the bucket.

My clothes heavy from the extra weight of water, I trudged back to where Jack was.

"Jack, I'm sorry, I—"

"I know, you probably had a mini wrestle with the waves and lost the bucket, right?" Jack asked in a rather amused tone.

My mouth hung agape.

"H-How did you—"

"Oh, it never happened before," Jack said sarcastically, chuckling to himself.

I pouted indignantly.

"I...I couldn't breathe okay! Aren't you worried or anything?"

"The only thing I'm worried about is you flashing your nipples to everyone," Jack shrugged.

I looked down, and felt my cheeks burn.

My entire body was wet and my clothes clung to my sides in the most un-glamorous manner. E-Even...even my...n-nevermind.

I quickly crossed my arms across my chest, covering them.

"W-What do I do? Jack do you have extra clothes?" I asked urgently, beyond embarrassed.

Jack squared his shoulders again, "Don't think so. F-Y-I, Xander's eye raping you," He added for extra measure.

Panicking, I glanced over to the net and—Xander was staring at me!

It was the same look he had when we were eating popsicles that time with Giselle.

As if I was a piece of steak or something.

Embarrassed, I hastily lowered my head and nudged Jack.

"What do we do now? I don't want to go back to the shoreline..."

"Roll in the sand, maybe it could get the water off too." Jack suggested.

I stared at him suspiciously but got down to a lying position and rolled on the sand, wringing the water off my clothes.

"Oh, that's good. The sand is moist. Let's start!"

That escalated quickly.