This time, Chip was all ears.

"E-Ehh? Sunblock? I didn't bring any...b-but I don't think I need it—"

"Yes you do, come on," I took hold of his soft hand and led him to the beach umbrella where my bag was.

Fishing out a tube of sunblock, I unscrewed the cap and squirted a well-estimated amount of white lotion.

"Come here," I ordered, motioning for Chip to lie on the beach towel.

"I-I can do it be myself you know..." My angel protested weakly, but obliged all the same.

Aw he doesn't have the will to reject me.

I smirked, proceeding to apply the lotion on his neck and arms. Chip fidgeted a little but didn't complain.

When I slipped a hand under the back of his shirt, he gasped but willed himself to stay still. He was trembling a little from how hard he was trying to remain lying down.

"I-I think that's enough for now—" He stopped midsentence when my hands passed his midsection.

"W-Wait! That...that tickles! St-stop!" Chip managed to gasp between fits of mirth, but I continued (partly for the sake of amusement).

"Not there! Ahaha—no—mph!"

My angel collapsed on the beach towel, trying to catch his breath.

Aw he's ticklish.

"Oi Xander! What are you doing? Get your lazy ass over here!" I heard Blake call from the net.

Always at the wrong time. I cast my gaze skywards for a second or two, and turned to Chip.

"Sorry Angel—Looks like I'm wanted. Is Jack doing anything? Maybe you guys can spend some time together while Kim and her friends are playing ball with us," I suggested apologetically.

"O-Oh...it's okay, I'll...go do some other things then," He smiled convincingly, but not enough. His previously bright, baby blue eyes dulled a little, and his shoulders drooped in disappointment.

So easy to read.

I gave him my best smile, and glancing around to make sure no one was looking, I kissed him on the forehead.

Chip blushed fifty shades of red, his lips slightly parted in surprise. "W-What! Xander th-that's not...appropriate in public!"

I laughed, running my fingers through his hair longingly before we parted.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[Chip]

I walked back to our beach umbrella, catching Jack taking a light snooze with Anya's magazine covering his face.

Smiling to myself, I nudged him gently.

"Jack? Jack, I'm bored..."

"Mmm..."

"Jack can we do something?"

"Sleep..."

I pouted. "But I want to build sandcastles!"

Jack shifted his head so that he wasn't facing my direction. "Build it yourself..."

"Ehh? But it's more fun with two people!" I protested, shaking Jack's body as much as possible to wake him up.