Part 3

The next day, Peeta treats me like a queen. He makes me breakfast in bed, cleans the whole house, runs all the errands, and takes care of me. I tried to tell him that I was okay, just that I didn't need to do a lot of heavy work, but still he said no. That the baby and I needed to be treated with special care.

 One night when Peeta and I were lying in bed together he quietly said, "What if the baby turns out like me?" I was confused. "What are you talking about, Peeta? We're both perfectly healthy." He turned to me. "No. Maybe you are, but I'm not. I still have the tracker jacker serum in me." I got even more confused. "But-" I started to say. "What if the baby turns out like me? What if they have mental breakdowns like me?" He started to cry. Oh, no. Here he goes. Maybe I can try to calm him down, I thought inside my head. I pulled him in for a big hug. Ran my fingers throuh his soft, blond hair. "Peeta. It's not gonna turn out like you. Besides, why would you worry anyway? There is nothing wrong with you." I thought I calmed him down a bit. Peeta suddenly stops crying. He said, "What are we gonna name it?" I smile. "I'm not sure yet. But if it's a girl, I want to name her Rose. Ella Rose Mellark." Peeta looks content. "That's a beautiful name. But what about if it's a boy?" I think for a moment. "Carson Gale Mellark." "Why Gale?" "Because. Even though he's in District 2, a part of my best friend is still with me," I say. "Well, I think that's a great name. Named after a great guy." He kisses me lightly. I guess he just stopped trying to hate Gale. For my sake.