#Nickara <Part 2>

Start from the beginning

Grinning, he leaned down to her height and whispered in her ear,"Yes. I'm a smart thief," he placed a light kiss on her temple before straightening up,"And tonight, I plan to steal your heart."

So much for fighting back those tingly feels. He was going to set her alight with his smooth talk.

She won the go-karting race and being the testosterone-made product he was he decided to act like a sore loser.

"You cheated." He told her for the umpteenth time. He looked quite adorable with the way he sat cross-legged on the pavement, his hands crossed across his chest and a slight pout on his lips. Who knew that a leather jacket wearing guy could be such a child?

"I didn't."

"Did too. And now I take all my compliments back." He said huffily.

Samara shot him a stinky eye and started stomping away but was pulled back into a tight embrace.

"Sorry."

He tucked her under his head, tightening his hold on her. She simply stood there.

People were staring at them, some parents gave disapproving looks while some old people looked at them starry-eyed. Nick seemed unbothered by them as he continued hugging her publicly.

Awkwardly, she patted his arms. "It's okay." And wriggled out of his hold. "Let's go, I want to ride the Ferris Wheel before we leave."

She couldn't wait to get away from the stares they were getting.

The atmosphere around them felt heavy when they sat on the wheel. What was going on? This wasn't how the it was supposed to go. They were supposed to be laughing and having fun and enjoying themselves. But instead they sat silently in their places, him in the seat in front of her. Both lost in their own worlds.

The Ferris Wheel stopped when they reached the top most point. Up from there they had a clear view of the twinkling fair lights beneath them, the nighttime making it look even more pretty. A small breeze played it's way through the sky and past her hair. She could...

"Sam?" His voice broke her train of thoughts.

She tore her gaze away from the scene to look at him. The moonlight highlighted his features, giving him an angelic look.

He shifted in his seat. He linked his hand with one of hers, his other hand cupped her face as he locked eyes with her. His thumb lovingly stroked across her cheekbone.

She noticed that his chocolate brown eyes seemed a bit darker. And that his lips looked a bit pinker and full than the usual. Even his hair was messier. When had that happened?

Scratch the angel look, he totally rocked the just-up-from-bed devil look.

In a serious voice he whispered to her,"You're so perfect. When God made you, clearly, he was showing off."

And here she thought he was going to admit his addiction to My Little Pony or some dangerous drug like that. Something was definitely wrong with her.

He leaned forward, and so did she. (FINALLY!)

But Fate didn't seem to ship Nickara. Neither did the Ferris Wheel operator. He chose that very moment to jerk the Wheel back into motion.

Their foreheads collided and a sharp pain shot through Samara's head.

"Ouch!"

"You have a thick head there." They held onto their foreheads for a while, rubbing the pain away.

"That's what years of facepalming does to one." was all she could say in her defence.

Soon they broke into peals of laughter. The atmosphere no longer felt heavy and for unknown reasons even her chest felt lighter.

When he dropped her back home (four minutes and 39 seconds later than her curfew), her brother and his best-friend were already standing by the porch. It upset her that she couldn't get her goodnight kiss but then she didn't want to have it with an audience either.

He promised to meet her the next day and thanked her for the lovely time they spent. He then proceeded to give her brother a man hug/hand-shake.

With a final wave directed at her, he left.

Avoiding the interrogation, she ran up to her room. She'd tell her brother about the date when that monkey of an ex wasn't near by. What was even doing at her place?

She didn't dwell much on those thoughts though. The memories of her date were still fresh in her mind and it was best to blog them when she could.

That was how Samara fell asleep that night. A smile on her face and certain face smiling at her in her dreams.