My Heart Is In Chains, But My Body Is Not

The castle was built in the midieval ages. Of course it has been reconstructed and remodeled over time but one thing that the council never changed was the dungeon. Right now I was thankful for that.

Walking down the cold stone steps into the depth of the dungeons. I felt like I was Percy Jackson, following the trail into Tartarus. Only the difference was that I was Kronos.

I was the judge, the jury, and my favorite, the executioner. The air was cold and damp. The sound of a constant drip of water splattering against the unyielding concrete flooring.

A new addition to the dungeon. The council found that concrete was much easier to clean than dirt if things got a little, sticky and red.

I walked across the slightly uneven floor, my boots clicking. I walked past cages, small enough to confine a fox and slowly as I moved on they began to get taller and larger. To accommodate bigger animals or in this case werewolves.

I passed all the cages until I got the very back of the hall where I saw a pillow and wool blanket covering one of the cots in the last cell. I sniffed trying to pick up the werewolves scent but the damp air carried the scent of earth with it and the smell of old blood clouded my senses.

I turned from the cell the a large wooden door that would lead to a deeper level in the dungeon. The wood was carved with symbols that swirled and swisted in mysterious ways. The council brushed me up on the history of the castle before the battle. The door was enchanted by witches in the early twenties. No sound or sight will be seen from onlookers of people outside the confinements of the door. Meaning it was completely sound proof. That's why all the interrogations were held behind the door.

I put my hand against the brass handle and twisted. The door creaked as it swung open on rusted silver hinges and I quickly moved inside and sealed the door behind me. Wanting to get away from the black icky feel the door emanated.

As soon as it shut I heard scraping metal and labored breathing. Darkness greeted my eyes as I moved down the stairs. My pupils enlarged, letting me see my surroundings again. The room was large and all stone. On the walls were weapons of torture ranging from a midieval battle axe to a scythe.

My eyes suddenly moved the the middle of the room at the sound of movement. A barrack stood in the middle, tall and strong. Locked into it was a head of black shaggy hair. Green eyes peirced my soul as they held my gaze.

Sparks flew. That's the only way to describe it. I felt like a fire caught inside of my body, burning me alive. It felt good like it was melting me slowly. My skin began to cover with goosebumps. The hair along the back on my neck and arms stood up on end.

Mica was screaming in my mind one word. One word that changed me. Hurt me. Destroyed me and everything I stood for.
Mate.

I just found my mate and he is a killer. How many of my people got hurt because of him. He would destroy me. He was a spy. He did this on purpose! Bane must have sent him. To weaken me. Make me love him, accept him in my pack and home so he could kill me.

My mind was becoming crazed, anger, sadness, grief. All of these emotions hit me like a ton of bricks.

"No! Mate would never hurt us! Please! Necalli please don't hurt him. He's our mate. We were meant to be. You promised me you would listen!!" Mica's voice screamed inside my head and ended with sobbing.

I couldn't do this. No I won't do this. Why would she do this to me? Why would the moon goddess punish me like this?

"Wait." I hadn't noticed that I had begun backing up. A voice like liquid honey soothing my ears spoke out. I kept telling myself not to look up.
Don't look up. Don't look up. Just leave. Don't look up. Mica took over and forced my eyes. It was like being in the desert for days without water. He was my tall glass of water with ice to cool me.

Tanned skin covered muscles that bulged when flexed. He was buff to say the least. Strong. Black hair that fell in his eyes. Strong jaw and beautiful lips. He was Adonis in the flesh and I wanted nothing more than to leave and be away from him. The more time I spend here the more the mate bond will pull us together.

It was already starting. A trickle of warmth spread in me again. Nagging me to go to him. Along with my wolf.

"No." It only came out as a whisper and the I ran. I heard his and my wolfs pleas for me to stay but when I got around the door his thankfully stopped. My wolf's didn't. Howling. Mourning. Screaming.

I walked like a zombie up to the compound. My destination unknown. I walked past Brian and Axel in the house on my way outside. I didn't hear their questions. They were also calling out to me. My wolf curled up in the back of my mind bawling. I sprinted out onto the front lawn ignoring the receptionist as well.

I began running and changed mid air. Trees blurred past me along with everything else. What was happening to me? Everything was cloudy, soft. I couldn't hear anything but Mica's soft crying and the memory of my mate calling after me.

I stopped when I came to a clearing of flowers. When I sat on my haunches everything hit me at once. Pain. Sadness.

Tears leaved down my cheeks, my snout became wet. I let my instinct take over. Wanting to get away from it all. I let my animal have me. I was no longer Necalli. Just a wolf.

I threw back my head and howled a long sound filled with sorrow. Hundreds of howls followed. My pack felt my pain. I collapsed on the ground but twitched my ears at the sound of pounding feet.

Too tired to lift my head and open my eyes I used my mind. I felt all four hundred and twenty five wolves surrounding me. Fur brushed again every inch of me. Comforting me, showing me that my pack will always be with me. Four hundred wolves slept in the clearing with me that night. Never leaving me. I was home, I was safe, I was loved.

But everything must come to an end.

Omg!!!! I'm so excited! I hope you guys liked but I love this chapter! GAHHH!!!... :D. Vote. Comment. Love y'all!

The end. Well of this book. I will be starting the sequel soon!!