The Red Coats Are Coming

Three days have passed since i walked through the double doors that led me to these four remarkable people.

That day, after the introductions, I still felt uncomfortable about sitting on the throne so we all had moved to a sitting room on the second floor. I learned a lot of things that day about the supernatural world.

I knew that there had to be other races of supernaturals around but I had never encountered any of them. Being secluded from the world came with the good and the bad. The good being we didn't have very many violent run-ins with outsiders. The bad was that we didn't hear about the makings of the world around us.

The council proceeded to tell me that there were witches, werewolves, vampires, and fey. The witches were ruled over by three women. One being the head witch, she was called the Crone. The Crone will then choose a successor to take over after her. This woman was given the title as the Mother and then the next in line was called the Maiden. All three woman were of the same line of blood, even though many years separated them. Witches lived almost as long as werewolves do; about three hundred years.

The Crone was the oldest and the strongest out of the lineage. She is given the place of power due to her wisdom and knowledge of her world. Once the Crone retires her crown when she feels the Mother is ready, she transfers her power and the Mother then becomes the new Crone. Then the line continues until the two witches  can find another powerful enough to be the new Maiden.

The vampires on the other hand arn't as civil as the witches. Where they look as the passing down of power as a honor, the vamps take it with force and malice. Wars are waged on a decade basis over the throne and their kingdom. If the King or Queen is deemed unfit to rule or they are seen as weak they will have to fight against a challenger for their title. Unlike werewolves the challenger can use as many tools as they can find, including mass amounts of warriors.

Vampire's judge strength on numbers, and how many people you have to support you. Members to back you up mean everything to them. Currently there is a Queen in charge. She has managed to become the most feared and trusted woman in the vampire world. She has also been able to keep her throne for more than a century, meaning that she is extremely powerful.

Next are the fey folk,they may sound like frill make-beleive beings that are all unicorns and rainbows. In real life though, they are ruthless cold blooded killers that will make you dance until you grind your legs into nubs. They laugh at the torture of humans and many keep mankind as pets to do whatever they will with. The fable that fairies cannot tell a lie may be true but they learn as infants how to twist the truth to present a lie.

The fey are divided into two clans, the Seelie and the Unseelie. Other names for them include the Light and the Dark fey. The Seelie are ruled over by a Queen that is known for her deception and lies. The Unseelie are ruled by a King that has a signature of knowledge and cunningness. Both are extremely dangerous and many have suffered the consequences of being in their presence.

That concludes the supernaturals that populated this world and today's history lesson. In three day's time I have moved my entire pack to the castle.

The pack messhed well into their new home. It was difficult at the start because we had never been accustomed to having an actual roof over our heads. Ever since the start I have lived in the wilderness. Always away from society. Planning, researching, and staying out of sight.

My followers became a part of my chosen isolation. They reveled in it and shared it with me. Now it has all changed. We were out in the open, becoming one with society. To say it was surreal was an understatement. The others had once come from civilization, I had not. Since the day after I was born I was among the wilderness.