Chapter 5

"[Y/N]!" you hear a familiar voice yell. You walk in and look around to see Jade sitting next to window waving at you like a lunatic motioning to the desk next to her so you can sit next to her. You chuckle and go over to Jade, setting your stuff down on the desk beside her. "I'm so glad there's someone I know in this class." You sighed of relief. "Oh yeah! Have you made any friends yet?" Jade jumps up and down slightly. "Woah there, the day hasn't even ended yet!" you laugh, "But I did meet-" "Good morning class." The teacher walked in as he interrupted you mid-sentence.

They introduced themselves and asked for a volunteer to pass out the standard student information sheet. You raised your hand for what seemed like forever until you were picked. Once all of the sheets were passed out and filled, the teacher then asked another person stand and pass out what looked like puzzle pieces to each desk. "As an ice breaker," the teacher, Mr. Miller began, "I want you to pick out your three favorite things that you wrote in the sheet, find the person with the puzzle piece that fits with yours, and share those facts with said person or troll." he concluded, making sure not to offend either species. "Ready?" As the class nodded in unison, you and Jade looked at each other's pieces almost at the exact same time. Not a match. Dangit. "Go!"

Suddenly the classroom turned to chaos. You hoped that this wasn't what Mr. Miller had intended. You searched through the crowd until you saw a troll who had the same color puzzle piece as you. Bingo. "Hey!" You half shouted, wanting her to hear you amidst all of the other kids talking. She looked up at you and sighed of relief. You two walked up to each other and she gestured to go to the back of them room, where there were less people. She tucked her long, black, wavy hair behind her ear and smiled warmly at you. "Thank goodness I found you." She said, "I didn't know what I was gonna do if I didn't have a match. I'm Aradia, by the way." She held out her hand and you shook it. "I'm [Y/N]. And I totally understand." You agreed, "It would've been pretty awkward, even though I'm already awkward most of the time." She chuckled at your comment "So do you want to start?" She asked. "Sure!" You replied. "Well, I have a fish who I named Sherlock because I love detectives, I'm a brown belt, and I write stories a lot. You?" "That's cool!" She replied. "Umm, I love history so this will probably be my favorite class. Also I want to be an archeologist and I find this activity kind of childish." You shrugged, "I guess I can agree with that. But he seems like a cool teacher." Aradia looked over to Mr. Miller and nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that's true. As long as he doesn't give us homework today." The two of you laughed and then Mr. Miller called you all back to your seats.

Once the class was over and the bell rang for next period and you grabbed Jade by the wrist and dragged her over to Aradia before she could leave. "Aradia!" You breathed heavily, pulling Jade around was harder than it looks. "Do you want to sit with us at lunch?" "Of course!" She replied smiling, "I'm going to be sitting with some of my friends though. Don't worry, I'll introduce you." Awesome, even more friends to make, man you're on a roll today. After a few deep breaths, you regained your energy and start to walk happily with Jade and Aradia, who apparently already knew each other. You were actually kinda sad that the school day was already halfway over. Wow, you never expected yourself to think that. Maybe this school year will go a lot better than you thought it would.

--------------------------------------------
skip now if you don't care about A/N's
--------------------------------------------
sorry this is kinda short guys. i was in a rush because i hate the fact that you guys have been waiting for this for so long. also: poll
if i were to give you guys a romantic interest who would you want it to be?
-john
-dave
-karkat
or
-any other guy but im warning you i might fuck up writing them in character
-or girls but i don't know if trust myself writing a story where the character is lgbt+ because i'm straight and i'm afraid if i'd mess up and offend people

also: poll #2
would you want the character to have any other quadrants filled throughout the story? if so, which quadrant and with whom???

thanks for your patience guys, love you all!
~brea