Chapter 4

The sun shone into the cave brightly. One of the SkyWings shifted, starting to wake up. He yawned, stretching his wings as he stood up. The other SkyWing woke up.

"Leaving already, Slick?" He yawned, getting up groggily. Slick blinked. "Not yet, but soon." Slick flicked his tongue out and in of his mouth. The other dragon eyes flicked over to the burnt wood, where the two eggs were.

"When do you think they will hatch, Snap?" Snap turned his head ad back and looked at Slick. Snap shrugged. "Not sure. But I know it will be soon.."

Slick nodded. "Well, I'm gonna go now. You can look for food." Snap growled. "What about you? Aren't you going to eat?" Slick shrugged. He walked out of the cave, opening his golden wings. Snap charged out of the cave and bowled him over. Snap snarled.

"Don't ignore me, Slick!" Slick growled at Snap, rolling over to get him off. "I'm not ignoring you!" Slick snapped at him, making his brother back off. "I'll hunt some fish on the way there." Slick started to walk away.

"Fish? I thought you didn't like fish." Snap growled again. Slick shrugged once more. "I have to deal with it then." Snap sighed. "I guess this is goodbye?" Slick blinked and looked at him with a confused face.

"I'll be coming back here." Slick murmured. Snap shook his head. "I'll be sure I won't be coming back." Snap said with a shudder  Slick growled slightly. "Oh, yeah right. Ditching your brother? You go fly home, Snap." Slick snarled. "Bye, brother." Slick shot up in the sky like lightning, not taking one glance backwards towards his brother.

Snap sighed sadly. His wings drooped down in regret. Should I go with him.. Or wait? Snap's face twisted in confusion and rage. He roared at the sky, smoke steaming up out of his snout. Stupid brother! I swear there's nothing in this head sometimes... Snap shooked his head. He didn't need his brother. His brother didn't need him either. Snap slid back into the cave, grabbing the two SoulWing eggs. He held them to his scaly chest.

"Brother, I never want to see your ugly fish-breath face again." He growled to himself. One of eggs throbbed slightly, making him jump slightly. He shook his head. I'm just imagining it. At least... I think I am... Snap thought, feeling cold sweeping over his back. "I'm going back home, whether my brother likes it or not." Snap growled to himself.

He flew out of the cave, the wind sweeping him upwards like a feather. He flew away from the island, keeping a gentle hold on the eggs.