Chapter 3

The sea roared with its violent waves, madly splashing against the shoreline. Two dragons were huddled up in a cave with two creamy orbs. One of the dragons was warming himself and the two orbs against a fire; the other dragon was pacing back and forth by the cave entrance.

The dragon was mumbling to himself, glancing at the orbs every so often. "This can't be true... It must be a dream..." The pacing dragon mumbled out loud. The dragon by the fire looked at the pacing dragon.

"What's a dream, Snap?" The dragon blinked at him. Snap stopped pacing and looked at the dragon. He pointed to the orbs. "Those eggs! A different dragon's egg!" The dragon shrugged. Snap growled.

"Do you even care, Slick? Do you know what I heard when I picked up one of those eggs?" Snap sounded mad. Slick looked down at the eggs. "We could just get rid of them so we don't have to worry about them." Slick shrugged again. Snap hit him on the back of his head, Slick flinching in pain.

"Get rid of them?!" Snap roared. His eyes blazed. "You worthless scavenger! Those eggs are just more than eggs!" Slick flinched at the insult. Never had his brother called him a worthless scavenger unless he was just more than mad.

Slick growled slightly. "I'm not a worthless scavenger." Snap glared at him. "Then prove that you aren't." Slick growled again. "Answer my question, Slick. What should we do with the eggs?"  Slick looked surprised that he would care so much about these eggs to ask that. But Slick had a feeling that his brother would ask that.

Slick murmured quietly. Snap didn't hear him. "Speak up, Slick." Slick looked at him. "We should raise the eggs." Snap nodded. "Of course we should. That dying dragon asked us to take care of the eggs." Slick nodded slightly, remembering the dying SoulWing. Then he thought of something else.

"You know how we stole one of the eggs and the other was given to us?" Snap nodded. "Yeah, I know." Slick looked worried. "What if a war happens between SoulWings and SkyWings?" Snap blinked, eyes widened. "They might win because we know nothing about SoulWings." Snap nodded.

"That's true! I think we have to go back to learn about these dragons." Slick nodded. "I'll go back, Snap. But after the storm's over." Snap blinked and nodded again. "Alright. Be safe though. Go find a scroll or something about a place called Rubron." Slick nodded and yawned, walking toward a nest he made earlier. He laid down and curled up to go to sleep.

Snap glanced at his brother then to the eggs. He blinked. Is one of the eggs... Glowing? Snap shook his head. I'm probably seeing things... I need to get some sleep.. He walked over to his nest next to his brother. He curled up and then took a last glance at the eggs then outside.

This is just the beginning of what will happen... Snap thought to himself. Who knows what the future may hold... Snap put his head down, closing his eyes. He shivered at his last thought before falling asleep, the storm still thundering on outside the cave.