Chapter Eighteen

We walked out if the restaurant a bit tipsy. At least I was a little tipsy. They had the best freaking wine EVER, I'm not even kinding. It was so sweet but still had bitterness, kinda like chocolate. Except it wasn't chocolate it was wine.

"You sure you're okay?" Zachary asked for the millionth time. "Yep yep yep!" I chirped happily skipping forward. "Okay..." He responded unsure of my behavior. "Come on slowpoke!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him forward.

"Where are we going?" I myself didn't know. "Wherever the wind takes us!" With that said we began to walk faster. "It's Zachary Ruso! Get him!" Some cops came out of nowhere and went after us.

Following my immediate response I ran with him in tow. We already had a head start since they were a good hundred feet behind us, also most of these guys are in there forties anyway.

"This way." Zachary then turned the tables and began to drag me behind him. I could tell that he was purposely going slow to help me out. My stamina was running low, I was out if breath, and my legs hurt. I couldn't run any longer.

"Z-Zachary! I-I can't!" He sighed and dragged us into the nearest alleyway. He backed me up against the wall and quietly whispered, "You're gonna kill me later." Before I could respond or even question him his lips covered mine. I tried to fight away but he was too strong.

"If you...keep fighting... they'll find... out." With that I slowly stopped fighting and gave in. To be honest it felt weird. My stomach was doing flips and my mind felt a little fuzzy. I didn't know how to feel about this, or anything to be honest.

Angela. He still loves her. The hinted sadness in his voice when he said her name, the sadness that his mom had, even Sam. I can't replace her, I shouldn't have gone through the alleys. I shouldn't have met him or anyone else. I shouldn't have run from my problems.

"This way!" The men passed us at a rather slow speed and made there way around the corner. Zachary let me go as I sighed in relief. Before he could step away any further he came back to me. "Let me!" He covered my mouth with his hand signaling me to be quiet with his hand.

He looked around the tower of boxes next to us and watched something. Catching my interest I leaned forward and almost screamed at the sight. My parents are here! And the Rodriguez group facing them.

"How dare you date her without acceptance from either family!" Father roared at the boy in front of him. "Because, I really like her, no... I love her." Rodrego? Who does he love? Better question, who can stand him long enough to go on a date?

"Sofia! I saw more potential in you, but this! This is madness!" Sofia, no. She wouldn't date him. She shared in my hatred if him. "You're right this is madness. You wanted Laurel to date him, as if she would, so I would be the second best choice." Sofia spoke up taking her spot next to Rodrego.

Growling father took out his gun. "No." I whispered quietly turning away from the scene. "Put your gun down Louis." Mr. Rodriguez stated and by the sound of it took out his gun too. "Laurel." The soft whisper made me look up and further away from it all. "Yes?" I asked quietly heartbroken by it all.

He opened his arms out to me. At the moment I couldn't deny free comfort and dived right in. I didn't cry but I did hold on for dear life. "Let's go. You don't need to be apart of all this." I nodded as he guided us quietly away from the fighting people.

Before long we made it back to the building and everyone was questioning us about where we went and yadda yadda. "So Laurel, how was the kiss." Tom asked out of nowhere. "I don't know what you're talking about." Though I was a good liar I couldn't help the blush that came to my cheeks.