"Don't worry bro! It just takes a right one to come and when she will come, your heart will definitely know. I am talking with experience."
Dean winked, "And as far as this case is concerned, its nothing. You are over thinking so, cheer up. Do you remember that you are my best man for the wedding?" Dean continued while patting his shoulder.

"Yup! I do." Derek said smilingly.

'My heart will know...will it..?' Derek thought.
They both moved out of the elevator and moved towards their cars.

"See you soon bro! And Jenna is going to make dinner tomorrow. You better be there this time." Dean shouted from the other end.
Derek chuckled

♥★♥

"Take me to sunshine corporation." Derek demanded as he got in the car.

♥★♥

"Iris its so good to see you," Mrs. Jackson stated as she gave Iris a hug. "Finally you got time for us," she continued, smiling.

"Its nothing like that, I've just been busy with work, you know," Iris said as she handed her the bags she had brought for the children of the orphanage.

"Well go," Mrs Jackson chuckled and moved towards her office.
She is a woman in her late fifties but if someone looks at her now she won't look older that her forties, she is charming and beautiful, and a true example of hard-work. After her divorce, she managed to start this orphanage, and in 20 years she made it count among the best institutions for children -a true example of humanitarian.

Iris walked inside the building towards the children's playroom.

"Well see who is here!" Iris said as she moved forward to the center of the crowd of children playing in the playroom, grinning.

"Iris!" Children said in unison.
She chuckled.

♥★♥

"Mrs. Jackson," Derek called out as he moved towards the office.

"Mr. Christopher...I am glad you could make it this time."
Mrs. Jackson stood and gestured Derek to take a seat.

"Well, this time I had to. I mean one should always do charity and besides, when its related to children, it always feels good."
Derek said and took a seat.

"Well, I know its hard to give time from your busy schedule Mr. Christopher but your dad has worked for this event since past twenty years and that's what holds us this strong in the market and provides brilliant opportunities for my kids."
Mrs. Jackson said, "And if this time New York's one of the most eligible bachelor would become the face for this event, then we will definitely get the attention of the elite families and specially girls." She smiled.

Derek blushed. "Mrs. Jackson, so what this event is all about?"

"I had already send the files to your secretary. Didn't she give them to you?" She asked in confusion.

"Umm... She doesn't work there anymore." He said as he pretended to check his watch. "I don't have much time. So shall we just start?" he bluntly asked.

"Oh! Then let's take a tour and I will tell you everything about the event." She said as she gestured Derek to join her.

"Well...well, we have several events like date auction and brunches and a grand dinner for the kids at Hamilton followed by a grand event which is more like a masquerade ball and the amount we raise by all this is used here for the welfare of kids."

"So do I have to attend them all?" Derek asked as they walked past the building.

"No, you don't need to if you don't have time but you have to necessarily attend the main event and the first event." She said motioning him to the room.

"Okay, that's fair for me." Derek said as they moved in a room

"This is our playroom," Mrs Jackson motioned towards a room from outside "for the kids who have been here most recently."

Derek peaked to see the room, it was pretty colourful, with a fair number of teddies and Barbies lying all around and a rocking horse. As he moved inside to meet the children, his eyes landed on someone far at the end, sitting in between all the children who were sitting around her. His heartbeat rose that instant and...

'She is here too? What the hell! I need a doctor to check my heart or brain. I clearly think I'm going mad.'
Derek thought.
She was talking to them and listening to them, she was calm and poised. She was as vivid as sun. She looked cheerful and her brown eyes were deep and beautiful and full of happiness and her smile, shit...shit...shit. She is my freaking lawyer and I am bloody drooling all over her.
'Why's this happening to me?' Derek asks himself.
'I am definitely going mad around her. What is there about her that makes my heart beat rise? Is she really the girl from the club? But she is not like how she was looking at the table in Hamilton. Here she reminded me more of the girl in club but not some freaking lawyer.'
In defeat, he murmured,
"Heart-1 Mind-1."

"Umm...o-okay." Derek stuttered, "Well, I have got a meeting l...I am definitely in, on this project. And will ask someone to send you all the papers that are needed to get this started." He continued and moved out of the room, bidding goodbye to Mrs. Jackson.

♥★♥

"Well children, its all for today. I need to go." Iris smiled.

"Good-bye Iris," children again stated in unison. She chuckled.

Before walking out of the room she looked back at all these children who have either lost their parents or their parents gave up on them. She looked at them, adoring them and smiling to them. She loves children, they make her feel loved. They make her feel alive. She finds solace in them and they find solace in her. It was a relationship that she always wanted, to be a part of someone's life from the beginning. But now she is too afraid to let her heart settle, she was scared that she might lose everything again.

'Life is unpredictable. At one moment you feel you have it all and the very next you lose everything. I miss you mom and dad. I have always missed you.'

She says to herself and moved out of the room holding back the tears that are trying to escape her eyes.

**************