"What..." Camila eyed Lauren uncertainly, wondering what the hell she'd done to piss her off now.

"Do you want to go swimming..." Lauren mumbled an invitation unenthusiastically. Her words were so hushed, Camila hadn't even heard the full extent of her question.

"Do I what?" Camila leaned a little closer to hear her better.

"Do you want to go swimming with us..." she repeated as quiet and slow as before. She was praying she'd make it easy on her and say no.

"Oh, so you do have a pool here? Yeah, I'd actually really-" Camila began to nod excitedly, but stopped speaking when Lauren groaned.

"No. I don't have a fucking pool here. Sorry to inconvenience you," she grumbled. "It's at the community center."

"What is that?" Camila tilted her head in confusion at the strange mention.

"God," Lauren sighed and faced the wall, letting her head fall ugracefully onto the dense material. Camila winced at the sound it made and wondered what she kept saying wrong. "You're kidding, right? You've actually never been to a recreation center?"

"Is it like a country club...?" she tried to understand, since Lauren was giving her nothing to work with.

"I cannot believe this shit," Lauren laughed sarcastically and looked up at the ceiling, as if she was challenging God. Camila was offended.

"What's your problem? Why can't you just tell me what it is?" Camila crossed her arms.

"It's the building at the beginning of my neighborhood. There's a pool and a gym and a basketball court and ping pong and shit like that in there. Anyone in the neighborhood can use it. It's called the community recreational center. Do you want to go swimming or not, Camila?" Lauren sighed.

"Sure," Camila smiled. That sounded like fun.

-

Exactly an hour after she agreed to go, Camila emerged from the bathroom. Lauren was changed and ready to go in five minutes. Camila, on the other hand, took her sweet time. First, she showered - which took thirty minutes within itself. Then she couldn't decide which bikini to wear. Just to explore her options, she tried on each one in the confinement of the bathroom. After picking, she strolled into her room to find a coverup that matched. Then she took up even more time trying to figure out which sandals to wear, and finally she had to rummage through her purse to find her Ray-Bans. Her preparation was complete after she successfully blew up a neon green bed floaty.

"I'm ready," Camila announced as she finally retreated back to Lauren's room.

"Are you sure?" Lauren scoffed. "You don't have to see which towel matches your outfit first? Or you don't have to see which fucking bow compliments your shoes?"

"No..." Camila said incredulously. Why on earth would she do that? So unnecessary.

"Then I'd like to go now, your majesty," Lauren rolled her eyes as she grabbed her towel and got off of the bed.

Lauren was so annoyed with everyone at the moment. Normani and Dinah had both been texting her nonstop about when she was going to come. Camila was taking her precious time to do every little thing she could think of. Her mom was forcing her to bring this thing along with her, and her dad offered no help in changing her mind. In fact, he actually supported the idea. He claimed it would be a great way to bond. She didn't want to bond with that girl. She wanted nothing to do with her.

"Can I go now?" Lauren stressed as she came to a stop in front of her mother. She'd instructed Camila to go downstairs while she informed her mother about their plans.