Wait? What?! There's an exam?! I didn't study at all. I started getting nervous.

Yuu and I followed Sebastian to the testing area. The testing area was still within the administration building, where the lobby was located.

The testing area is a huge white room. I can't tell where the ceilings are. I wonder what kind of test I am about to take. I'm glad that Yuu is still with me. I'm not that afraid and I'm wishing myself the best of luck.

Sebastian: Can you cast any spell?

What? Cast a spell? I came from a family of farmers...I don't know how to do that.

Harumi: Um...I can't cast any...um...spells.

Sebastian: Hmm...okay. Let see...

He paused and started to laugh like he made an error.

Sebastian: Oh, I'm so sorry, my mistake. It's fine since you are not from a family of wizards--that's expected. Wait a moment, let me summon a magic sphere.

Sebastian started chanting a spell and he summoned a magic sphere floating in the air.

Harumi: Whoa!

I was amazed by it. It was a giant ball that illuminated white light and too bright for my eyes. Then suddenly, the light gathered within the sphere.

Sebastian: This is a magic sphere. It's main purpose is to measure someone's magical ability and affinity. Please place your hand into the sphere. Don't be afraid, it's harmless.

I placed my hand into the sphere and felt a sudden rush of heat in my body. The magic sphere reacted and gleamed of white light. It began to speak.

Magic Sphere: Analyzing current magic potential...CLASS F!...Analyzing magic affinity...

It radiated a red orange light.

Magic Sphere: FIRE! Analysis complete.

The magic sphere vanished into thin air. I was confused.

Harumi: What does that mean?

Sebastian: It means your magic power is still in its early development and your elemental affinity is fire--meaning, all fire spells that you use are greatly enhanced.

I was still confused.

I am new to magic jargon. I don't really understand what Sebastian is trying to explain.

Harumi: Um...I still don't understand.

Sebastian: Okay, let me explain properly. An individual's magic power are ranked from Class F to S, F being the lowest and S being the strongest. This academy limits the magic power to Class A, considering that Class S magic is very dangerous if not properly controlled and contained. The students can still have a Rank S magic power but we still rank them as Class A. Ultimately, this academy's main purpose is to train magic users to become responsible, full-pledged wizards.

Harumi: I see...

I started to become sad--knowing the fact that I might be the weakest person here. Then again, I didn't come from a family of wizards to train me or teach me how to cast spells. I was in Izena tending the farms and taking care of my siblings.

Yuu grabbed my shoulders.

Yuu: Don't get discouraged, Harumi. I'm pretty sure with proper training and hard work, you can become stronger. I will help you out too.

Harumi: Really? Thanks, Yuu!

A smile was back on my face. Yuu is a good friend. He's there for me.

Sebastian: Harumi, since your magic power is very weak, you will be partnering up with a Class A wizard to help you develop your magic. Please be aware that if you, by any chance, can't improve your magic to at least a rank C level within a month, you will be expelled in this academy and we reserve the right to remove your magical abilities.

That was a shock. I had to improve my magic in a month. How the heck am I supposed to do that? I'm getting anxious and scared. I don't want to go back to Izena and let my family down.

Sebastian: Please wait a moment and I will assign you your mentor... I am assigning Akihiko Mori, Class A Wizard Year 2. Yuu, you can take your leave now. I can take it from here. Harumi, do you have any questions or concerns?

Harumi: No...

Yuu: Okay, Harumi. I'll be leaving then. Take care and I will see you around! Good luck, bye!

Yuu gave me a gentle hug and I waved him good bye.

Hopefully, I can see him often. He is kind and gentle, and I know he wants me to succeed.

Sebastian: Harumi Rei, please follow me to your assigned room.

Harumi: Okay.