Chapter 6

My head spinning and my eyes tired of crying I had to put all this madness to an end. Do it for Ben that's all that was going through my head, do it for him. I ran out the house and headed for the forest. I had no clue what was coming my way but I knew I had to defeat it.I walked silently along the pathway. I started humming a song to calm my nerves and I eventually reached the sign, I walked up slowly with the candle in my hand. I brought it up to the sign. That sign was the one who made all this happened. But my own selfish needs lured me into giving into it. I held it and it caught fire. I heard shrill screams and evil voices. Shadows surrounding me everywhere! It burnt and burnt until the ashes fell to the ground. I watched them fall I grabbed my sweater which was the closest thing near me and the ashes fell into the hood. I headed for the graveyard hoping I would not be followed.

It was about nightfall when I reached the graveyard. My legs were tired and my heart was sinking further into my stomach as I thought about Ben. I started to dig the earth and sprinkle the ashes into the ground. I looked up from where I was digging and read the gravestone Rupert Merret. I studied the words on his tomb. " Loving Father, loyal husband and caring friend. 1935-1965"

" So you found my hollow grave then?.." I heard the voice behind me I stood up and turned around.

" Yes, now tell me Rupert.. why do they call you ZOZO?" I asked.

" Well you see, I needed a new name to hurt people. I never would tell anyone my name is Rupert because some would know that I was still here." He explained.

" What happened to your son? Your grave says loving Father?" I questioned. He looked at me for a moment and stared I looked over to see that his sons grave was beside his labeled " John Merret, son of Rupert Merret 1950-1955"

" THAT'S NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS BITCH GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE BEFORE I GUT YOU!"

" Wait, before you proceed to do so just tell me.. what happened?" I asked quietly. ZOZO had went from looking like the devil to a normal man I'm assuming he was before he died. He had short brown shaggy hair and lots of facial hair. I saw him walk over to his sons grave. He bent down and touched the stone and I saw a tear fall from his eye.

" He drowned in the creek when he was 5. I tried to save him but it was too late. My wife and I were in agony for years. We both put it to end together. The town was falling apart witch craft, devil worshiping and demons we're taking over. I put both our lives to end on the year of our sons 7th birthday. So we could be together. But you.... YOU MONSTERS OF THIS TOWN RUINED ME. I committed a sin 50 years ago I couldn't move to the light. My son was sick, we couldn't afford the medicine to help him. I stole it.. " He explained.

" Do the right thing Rupert. Help me and put this to an end. The town will be saved and you will be with your son and wife again. Pour the ashes on your grave and god will except you. Just please help me put this to an end." I asked. He looked up and came over to me he took the ashes from my hands and poured them onto his grave. A white and blue light appeared from the sky above he smiled at me and two other figures appeared behind him.

" Thank you Maddison Turner. For helping me find a way to put my selfish needs aside." Rupert said. I figured walked out of the light again and towards me. It was Ben.

" Maddison thank you for putting all this horror away. I guess we fell in love a little late *giggles* I miss you and I can't believe I can't come to see you again. But I'll always be with you. I love you Maddison and we will be together soon." Ben said. Tears started flowing down my face.

" Ben, I love you too but I can't thank you enough for helping me. I wouldn't have been able to do it if it wasn't for you! I'll see you soon?" I said. He nodded, hugged and kissed me for the last time until the day I die. The light disappeared and my heart dropped I left to go home.