Chapter 2

I awoke the next morning to the sound of my old fashion alarm clock and my mom yelling my name at the top of her lungs. I got up and threw some of my older cousin's hand me down clothes on and went to eat breakfast. I remembered that today was the day I was going to take the short cut into the forest, so I wouldn't have to deal with those pathetic girls, Lucy, Jamie and Penny. My mom kissed me on the cheek and told me she would be home a little later than usual tonight. I walked out my front door and looked both ways down the sidewalk to see if there was any sign of the three girls. I tried to always leave a little early so I wouldn't run into them. I walked down the street and the forest on the other side. I wasn't watching where I was going and a boy on a bike had ran into me. I fell straight down and lay on the sidewalk until I saw the faint blur of a hand offer to help me up.

" Sorry about that, we should both watch where we're going I guess." The boy said he had a English accent and was a good looking guy. I had never seen him in Salem before. I just stared blankly at his awing face and stuttered.

" Sorry, I should."

" That's alright. Sorry never got your name? I'm Benjamin, but it's Ben for short." He told me. I still looked blankly because no one had ever taken time to talk to me before since I moved here.
"Are you gonna tell me your name or should I be on my way?" He asked politely. I shook my head and said quietly,

" Oh sorry, I'm Madison, Madison Turner."

" Well nice to meet you, listen I'm looking for the local high school never really got a tour around here, do you go there or could you show me the way?" He asked. I nodded and began walking with him. We began a conversation about how he had moved here and how his mom had died when he was four and London was so expensive they couldn't afford to live there anymore. We arrived at the high school without a sign of the group of girls. He said his goodbye's and thanked me for my help and went to the office to get his schedule. Ben was maybe a new friend I had finally made while living in this town.

The day had gone by so very quickly and I hadn't seen Ben since our little walk this morning. Assuming we had no classes together I grabbed my English assignment and quickly headed towards the forest without hesitation. My heart trembled a little when I walked to the forest edge and I took my first step into the forest. I heard eerie noises and odd cracking of bushes behind me. I checked my watch and the time read 3:15 I should have been at least half way home by now. I continued to walk and came across a very unusual thing in the forest. A sign, no wonder no one had ever come to this forest the sign stated go left to your doom or right to your fantasies. Of course doing what any other person would do I chose right. The sign lead me straight out of the forest and right to my house. For some reason after I came out of that forest my body felt completely different. I couldn't explain the feeling but I knew it was good. I walked on my porch and entered my little house but to my surprise my mom was sitting at the table on a computer. I walked in and looked around, new furniture , new curtains our house was decorated.

" Hi darling home so soon, I thought you would be out with your friends at the diner in town?" She said. I looked at her rather confused and said.

" Mom, you don't get home until 3:50? Why are you home at 3:30?" I asked

" Silly girl, don't you remember? I work from home as a computer technician and I'm the head of the board I work for and make twice as much as I did when we lived in New York as a fashion designer!" she said. I couldn't believe my ears. She worked at a diner in town! Making 13.50 an hour! And a fashion designer? My mom never wears anything remotely stylish because we can't afford it! I walked upstairs and noticed that was all decorated and fancy as well.  I walked into my room and got the biggest shock of all. It was exactly of how I dreamed of my whole life, lively blue walls with pictures of all my favourite rock bands, and especially my favourite book series Harry Potter, a wardrobe full of all new clothes, a new T.V and most of all what I really wanted a iPhone 5 in white with a flower case. This is everything I had ever dreamed of having. I next smelt the most wonderful smell and wandered down stairs to see what it was. I walked into the kitchen and it was the best thing that ever could of happened, my favourite food my dad and I always used to make fried chicken with roast potatoes and garlic bread with cheese. Unhealthy but  my favourite. I ate until my stomach felt like it was going to burst. I checked the time and it was around 8:00, I figured I should head upstairs to do my homework. I headed up and did my english assignment. It was then around 9:30 by time I had finished and I had laid back and slowly drifted off the sleep. All that was going through my mind was how much I never wanted this to end.