𝐱𝐢𝐢. OF GRAVE OF IMPORTANCE

˖*°࿐chapter twelve

˖chapter twelve.
xii. OF GRAVE IMPORTANCE

———

"Excuse me?"

It was like Damon already knew it was going to be a bad idea, but he just thought that this one was completely ridiculous.

Stefan was just as confused as Damon, if not, more. "Why would Kai be willing to help Janelle?"

Oh, that's right. He doesn't know. Damon thought to himself.

After learning the new information from his sister, he knows that Kai would be the last person that Janelle would want to save her. It was already awkward enough between the two of them.

"I'll fill you in later," Damon whispered to Stefan as he went over to where Cassandra and Klaus stood. "Sorry, but you're going to have to take that horrible idea somewhere else. I'm not about to put Janelle's life in the hands of that psycho."

"He saved the Sheriff," Cassandra commented.

Damon let out a humorless laugh as he said, "Oh, and you're just gonna conveniently leave out the part where she also went into cardiac arrest and almost died?"

"She had cancer, Damon. It's different this time."

"Exactly!" he exclaimed. "It is different because we don't even know what's wrong with her. There's no guarantee that Kai's magic will even work."

"Damon," Klaus began, standing in front of the witch, "like it, or not, we're running out of options here. The spell didn't work, our blood can't heal her. This may be our last chance."

"Well, I'm not calling him, so you can forget it," Damon told them.

Cassandra smirked at him. "That won't be necessary. He's already on his way over."

Damon's face fell as he looked around the room at everyone, then narrowing his eyes on Klaus. "You don't know what you're doing."

"I can't lose Janelle, Damon," Klaus said. "I won't."

Damon shook his head at him and stormed out without another word. Stefan noticed how upset he was about this, so he went after him. Klaus excused himself from the others to go back up to Janelle's room.

Klaus meant what he said. He couldn't lose Janelle. Not after everything they've been through together. It wasn't wrong for him to see this as his fault.

Maybe if he never sent Janelle here, she wouldn't be on the verge of dying. But if she did stay, he would probably be looking at her body in a casket right about now.

No one in New Orleans cares about the risk of going against what Klaus wants anymore. And it's not because of what his mother has been doing. It's because of how big of a threat Janelle has become.