Thirty Six

{Luke}

I proudly walk into our graduation ceremony. Calum stands behind me and behind him is Alexia wheeling Ashton in, then behind them is Michael. We sit down and all realize Ashton had to read the speech. I look over at Ashton to see him looking around with a blank face. Ashton extends his arm over to me and I frown to see him holding out pieces of paper. I take them and it's the speech.

"No!" I whisper.

"Go sweetie." Calum whispers and Michael and Alexia whisper for me to do it too. I gulp and stand up. Everyone begins to clap as I walk up to the stand.

"Hi guys I'm A.. Luke Hemmings," I read from the paper. Dammit, these are all his memories!

"I entered this school being a confused boy with nobody to talk to because I obviously didn't know anybody. That's when I met Ashton, right over there," I point and people turn to him and he smiles up at me. "A-Anyway, we didn't talk to each other that much. Ashton had found his friends and I didn't have any. That's when my amazing boyfriend Calum Hood joined the school." I say and Calum flashes a smile at me.

"Then, I met Ashton's crazy girlfriend, Alexia." I say and Alexia rolls her eyes. "And of course, there's Mikey who was the most popular guy but he decided to join us which was awesome because Michael's actually a pretty cool guy." I say and Michael grins.

"Anyway, on behalf of everyone in this hall, we're going to miss all our friends for sure. We definitely will miss the teachers and how well they taught." I say and some kids snicker and I can't help but breathe out a laugh into the microphone.

"And to end this wonderful speech that Ashton actually created but he's currently has something wrong with his brain due to personal reasons." I say and I watch my group of friends turn to Oliver who's glaring at me.

"Thank you for listening. I'll miss you all." I say and everyone claps as I scurry down to my seat and Calum pulls me in and kisses my cheek.

"You did amazing sweetie." He whispers and I blush.

"Thanks ash." I whisper to Ashton and his face is still blank but he has the tiniest smile on his face.

The principal walks on stage.

"I now announce you all graduates of Secondary High!" He shouts into the mic and we all throw our hats up.

We file out of the hall and I walk along with Calum. That's it. I've finished school. I look at Calum and he seems to be very excited.

"When are we getting our house Calum?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Whenever you want. Plus it's summer now, we have two whole months to plan everything." Calum answers and I nod.

Michael, Alexia and Ashton gather along with us.

"We made it." Michael smiles.

"That's really cheesy." Alexia says.

"You're fucking cheesy." Michael spits back.

"Okay, well we'll see you guys later. Ashton and I gotta go back to Andrea." Alexia says and she waves before wheeling Ashton off.

"And I gotta go home to sleep because I don't have homework." Michael says and Calum and I chuckle.

"Alright, bye Mike." Calum says and he waves and walks away.

Our parents run up to us.

"Oh congratulations you guys!" Mom shouts.

"Guys guys, quick, gather let's take a picture of our graduates!" Joy shouts.

"Michael and everyone else already left.." I trail off quietly.

"Bitch I haven't." Alexia says running in with Ashton to photobomb the picture.

"Alexia.. Those are our parents." I say.

"Oh.. Shit sorry. Fuck! No! Wait--"

"Alright, we will for sure remember who Alexia is." Dad chuckles awkwardly.

Soon, Mali, jack and Ben run in.

"Sorry we're late!" Mali shouts.

"Oh yay everyone's here!" Joy shouts.

"Michael isn't." Calum says.

"Alexia dragged me." Michael says walking in rubbing his wrist.

"Yay! Alright, everyone gather!" Joy shouts and we all make silly poses. Ashton manages to muster a small smile too.

Soon everyone actually leaves. Calum and I stay together tough. Joy squints as she walks up to us and so does the rest of our family.

"Luke, we heard your speech," Calum dad says and crosses his arms. "Define 'beautiful boyfriend'." He says and I gulp.

"Y-Yea.. We're sorta dating." I say and Calum purses his lips and looks away.

"Guys.. That's totally fine. You could've told us." Joy says and we slowly nod our heads.

"Is that why you wanted to live together?" She asks and we nod.

"Aww that's cute." Mom plays along.

"Okay well we gotta get going." Dad says and Calum and I nod.

I hug him and he gives me the tiniest kiss on my cheek because we don't want to show off to our parents too much. Soon we walk home and I sit on my bed and look at my bag. Honestly, I'm intimidated by the thought of university. Secondary was hard enough, but easy. It was definitely more simple. But at least I have Calum.

And Calum is Calum.

Calum won't ever leave me.

Right?

--
A/N: k I'm splitting this book so I'll just write the details in the next chapter cuz otherwise this book will be too long lmao