Sixteen

{Luke}

I walk into school and see Calum and run up to him and hug him tightly. I hear him breathe out and hug me back.

"How are you today sugar?" I ask and he gives me a strange look before giving me a thumbs up.

We walk into registration and Calum stops dead in his tracks and I frown at him but he takes off and runs away.

"Calum!" I shout and run after him.

{Calum}

It's him! It was him! I swear to god I saw Harry! I stop soon and catch my breath but Luke catches up with me.

"What's wrong?" He pants and I shakily grab my phone and type Harry on it.

Luke's eyes widen.

"Here? I-Is he here?" He asks and I nod as I feel a lump in my throat.

'The man that hurt me for four years every single day, the man who made me want to never ever wake up or go to school.' I type on my phone to tell Luke.

"Hey hey, it's fine. Look, I'll protect you." Luke says and he wraps and arm over my shoulder and kisses my nose.

"You ready to go back?" He asks and I breathe in and out shakily before nodding.

Luke walks first and my legs seem to be stuck but I manage to run after him. When we enter the classroom I see him there but he hasn't noticed me yet. I sit in my usual spot which is in the back corner of the room. Luke's eyes widen in realization. Yes, that's definitely him. Luke sits next to me and takes my hand.

"Hey, he might have another boyfriend by now." Luke shrugs and I bite my lip and nod.

The teacher comes in and gasps.

"Oh! New student! Come here." She smiles and Harry walks up and I gulp and slide down. Hopefully he won't notice me. He turns around and I almost scream. It definitely is him.

"What's your name? Talk about yourself." She smiles.

"Um, hi, I'm Harry Styles. I come from England and all that but I used to go to a high school until my b... best friend left and I got kind of sad and there were too many memories so I came here." He explains and I flinch at his mention of probably me. He scans the classroom and I duck under my desk and pretend to fiddle with my bag. I grab a book out and I put it on my desk and when I look up he's staring directly at me with a surprised look on his face. The lump returns to my throat.

"Oh what a great story Harry, go on and sit down." The teacher says and he sits down and I look at Luke and I see him swallow as he takes my hand under the table.

The teacher takes the register and the bell rings. I grab my bag and Luke's hand and I run out of the classroom with him behind me.

"Calum, come on, calm down!" Luke shouts and I stop as I catch my breath and tears spill out my eyes.

"Hey," he says and takes my shoulders and he kisses my forehead. "I'm not going to let him hurt you, okay?" Luke says and I calm down and nod. He hugs me tightly and I hug him tightly back.

We go to class together and once it's lunch we gather on our table like usual. Luke tells everyone about Harry once he got my approval and everyone hates him already.

'I'm scared he's going to come talk to me or something.' I sigh and Luke takes my hand again.

"It'll be fine bro, you've got us." Ashton smiles and slaps my arm lightly and I purse my lips.

Luke wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"So how's Alexia?" Graciela asks Ashton and he sighs dreamily.

"She's doing amazing. Besides all the mood swings and stuff, great." He smiles and I send him a small smile and Luke suddenly leans over and places his lips on mine making me jump slightly.

"Okay, why do you guys kiss so much?" Michael asks as he puts his chin on Graciela's shoulder.

"Because why not?" Luke speaks my thoughts.

"We only have half a year left with each other, might as well make time." he smiles at me and I smile back and he lifts me so that I'm sitting on his lap.

"I think it's cute." Graciela says.

"Yea yea, me too." Michael says and I snort while Luke laughs.

"You're so whipped." Ashton says grabbing his phone and Michael frowns.

"No I'm not. I'm only agreeing." He defends himself.

"No you weren't, you seemed pretty disturbed." Luke shrugs as he kisses my jaw.

"For fuck's sake." Ashton cursed texting furiously and Luke frowns.

Luke grabs Ashton's phone once he asks for it and it's Alexia.

Alexia: COmE HERE AND BRING ME MOTHERFUCKING SANDWICHES

Ashton: I can't babe I'm at school

Alexia: I AM HOLDING A FUCKING CHILD IN MY UTERUS DO YOU WANT TO FUCKING FIGHT ME

Ashton: I'll come over after school

Alexia: YOU SUCK

Luke laughs and gives Ashton his phone back.

"Mood swings are mostly shown in the fourth month." Graciela shrugs.

"Aw you're so smart." Michael smiles cheesily and Graciela rolls her eyes.

"Definitely whipped." Luke mumbles before clearing his throat and looking up at me.

I smile at him and kiss him and Luke winces in pain and I notice Michael had whacked the back of Luke's head. I rub the back of his head and run my fingers through his hair.

"Yes, I have my guardian." Luke says sticking his tongue out and cuddling into my embrace.

The bell rings and i hear a wave of groans.

"I'll see you later babe. We need to go to Alexia's again okay you guys?" Luke says and everyone nods. Luke kisses me and I kiss him back and I leave to go to my class.

I sit down and my friend Greg sits next to me and he greets me and I wave.

"Calum?" I hear and turn to the side and fall out of my chair when I see Harry sitting next to me.

"Oh my god, are you alright?" He asks.

I make a 'go away' motion.

"Hey, calm down. I haven't seen you in ages." He chuckled and he places his hand on my leg.

I slap his hand and he puts his hands up in defense.

I pull myself up and sit down.

'What the hell are you doing here?' I type on my phone.

"I told you, there was too many memories back there so I moved." He smiles.

'Stop being so fucking nice.' I type and he shakes his head.

"Calm down babe." Harry says.

'Fuck off.' I say and read a book. I can hear his voice but I try my best to ignore him.

"Listen to me," He says and stands in front of my desk. "I miss you Calum, plus what I did wasn't that bad." Harry says.

'Wasn't that bad? You beat me up everyday!' I type furiously.

He takes my collar and pulls me up and places his lips on mine. Every memory I tried to push out, everything that happened my past life floods back in. These lips... they're so familiar. My eyes widen and I push him off me.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" I shout and blink.

"You... you spoke." Harry says and I clear my throat.

I shake my head. No. I'm not breaking this, I haven't spoken in almost five years and I'm not going to speak ever again. I grab my stuff and run away.

--
A/N: I'm so proud of these plot twists tbh don't hate me pls