Chapter 9: Ranger Rescue Part 2: Frozen

Touya's POV

"Guys?" Nate and Rosa turned around. "It's not over yet." Above us was the giant flying ship itself: the Plasma Frigate. The panels on the bottom were spread out, and the fore was opening up to reveal a cannon.

"Back into my house now!" Drayden called. Before we went inside, I saw the cannon charge up power, hearing explosions from inside.

Shade's POV

I heard the explosions from Opelucid City.

"What was that?!" Cinni yelped.

"I know that ship," I growled. "It's the Plasma Frigate. Team Plasma is attacking. Touya's in there."

"Your human friend?" Striker asked. I nodded.

"When I get my fists into them I'll--" Grizzly was cut off.

"Those fists will only be useful to a clear mind," Syren said.

"I saw an explosion coming from Opelucid City," a boy said, running out of Shopping Mall Nine hastily. "And what the heck happened to Route 9?" He turned to face me. "Wait. You're that Absol and Zebstrika! So these are your friends?" I nodded.

"Name's Shade. These are Grizzly, Cinni, Striker, and Syren, my allies."

"I'm Calem. My family moved to Unova four years ago, and we're gonna go back to Kalos soon to visit my Aunt Grace and my cousin Serena. But for now, let's thaw out the city."

"By the way, do you have a flying Pokémon?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"I must get a message to the Swords of Justice ASAP. They're just east of the city."

"Consider it done," Calem replied, tossing a Pokéball to call out a Garchomp. Calem took out a piece of paper, which I stamped with my footprint, then we tied it to Garchomp's arm. It took off at high speed, bound eastward.

"Ready, guys?" I asked. "We're going in."
----------------------------------------------
Touya's POV

We came out of Drayden's house to see the entire city frozen over. Grunts were dropping in with the psychic help of three Gothitelle. Among them were familiar faces. That's when it hit me.

"What if I can't get him back?" I asked. Drayden turned to me.

"What do you mean?"

"What if I can't get Travis back to our side? What if he was brainwashed beyond reversal?"

"Touya, I understand what you're going through. But a leader, especially the leader of a strong team, cannot ever lose hope. I know he will come back to your side."

"Thanks. Now let's go." Pathor, Rio, Genesect, and Haxorus stood ready to battle. So did twenty grunts and three Gothitelle. We stood outnumbered, but we had them outmatched.

"We'll each take five. Afterwards, we'll meet at the Gym, where the commander should be." We split up to take our fifth of the attack. But there were also ten Cryogonal. Pathor was about to get hit by a Rapid Spin when a Dark Pulse hit the Cryogonal off course and into an ice spike.

"Touya!" a familiar voice called out.

"Shade! Why are you here?"

"I saw the attack and didn't wanna miss the fun," Shade said. "By the way, this is Calem. He's another Trainer who lost to the Champion."