Chapter 8: Ranger Rescue Part 1: The Last Battle

We had finally arrived in Opelucid City, but it wouldn't end on a good note. I went to see Drayden, the city's mayor and Gym Leader. He called Nate and Rosa in, but I regretted having to tell them what I had to do.

"The Gym Battle will begin. Touya, take a seat."

"Actually, I want to battle with you in a two-on-two," I said. "I have a plan to infiltrate the Frigate, save Cassie, and get Travis back to our side. But to do that, I'll have to leave you guys and convince them I'm on their side."

"Let us know if it lands," Nate replied.

"But what'll we do after?" Rosa asked.

"I suggest going to Humilao City after this. It's north of Undella, just through the Marine Tube." I threw a Poké Ball to call out a shark-like Pokémon with fins on his arms and back. This was Chomper, my Gabite. "Pathor, you can fight for Rosa."

"Just because this is a Dragon-type Gym." He joined Rio and assumed a fighting stance.

"Battle begin!"
----------------------------------------------
Nate's POV

"Rio! Pathor! Mega Evolve now!" The two transformed and readied themselves. I knew Touya wanted Chomper to be able to think on his feet and be as smart as he was strong. This was the only way.

"Haxorus, use Rock Smash!" Drayden roared. Haxorus' tusks became brown as he charged. Pathor used Night Slash to counter, knocking both back, just to see Chomper use Dragon Claw and collide with Rio's Metal Claw. Everyone but Drayden let their Pokémon fight on their own.

"Come on, Rio," Pathor said as he charged his blades with psychic power. "Let's win us a battle!" He launched a Psycho Cut which combined with Rio's Aura Sphere. They met the blue Dragon Pulse, destroying it and slamming into Haxorus. Chomper roared, glowing blue. He became a black color, his arm fins became wings, and he became bigger. He was now a Garchomp.
----------------------------------------------
Touya's POV

Chomper had evolved. A Disc materialized as he roared. The Mach Disc, Garchomp's Mega Disc.

"Use your new move!" I yelled. "Dragon Rush!" Chomper flew at his opponents in a blue dragon-shaped blast.

"Haxorus! Giga Impact!" Haxorus flew alongside Chomper with a massive amount of energy.

"Pathor!" Rosa ordered. "Psycho Drain!" He charged with a psychically charged blade and a glowing fist.

"Rio, use Metal Aura Claw!" Nate yelled. Rio's claws and hands simultaneously became blue. All four attacks collided, but Haxorus took the bulk of it. He flew back, defeated.

"Impressive. You are pretty strong," Drayden said, grinning.

"But the real battle starts now!" I roared, launching the Mach Disc at Chomper. His jaws grew in size, his wings became blades, and he became covered in spikes. He roared with great power, then flew at Pathor and Rio at high speed. He used a combination of Dragon Rush, Dragon Claw, and Stone Edge, flying with claws extended and stones by his side. We were about to win. But we didn't.
----------------------------------------------
Nate's POV

Pathor used his psychic power to hold Chomper in place, then Rio used Copycat to use Dragon Rush to deliver the finishing blow.

"Chomper is unable to battle. The victory goes to Nate and Rosa!"

After getting the Legend Badge and one heck of a lecture, Touya was ready to leave.

"See you soon, guys," Touya said.

"Stay in touch with us, okay?" Rosa replied.

"We'll miss you, dude." I pulled him into a hug, Rosa joining in soon after. Touya turned to leave, but turned back to look at us.

"Guys," he said. "It's not over yet."
----------------------------------------------
To Be Continued...
----------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Guillermo here. Sorry that this whole chapter is a battle, I didn't know what else to do. I'm also sorry this chapter is so short. The next one will be the plan's start. Until next week, Guillermo out!