Chapter 18: You've got some explaining to do

The gang just sat there and stared at Dally, their jaws to the floor and eyes the size of the moon.
Darry was the first to break the silence and speak up. "You've got some explaining to do Dallas." He narrowed his eyes at Dally.
Dally chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his neck.
"It's a long story." He smirked.
"We've got time." Darry replied sternly, cocking an eyebrow and crossing his arms.
Dally motioned for Pony, Johnny and I to sit down and the rest of the gang as well. They all sat patiently, their eyes fixed on Dallas waiting to hear his story.
"Well." Two-Bit waved a hand.
Dally sighed and took a deep breathe.
He told them the whole story, about the party at Bucks, the soc Broad he was hitting on, getting in a fist fight with the socs, leaving me the note, etc.
Darry ran a hand through his dark greasy hair, his icy blue eyes were filled with worry.
"Dallas Winston, what have you gotten us into." He chuckled a little. Dally shrugged, "beats me!"
"Alright! When's the rumble cause I'm ready!" Soda pumped a fist in the air and pounced on Steve, wrestling him to the ground in a headlock.
Soda liked to fight. He looked at it as a contest, like a drag race or a dance or something. He didn't seem like that type though because he's so caring and sweet, but when it comes to rumbles Sodapop is one tough guy.
"We're gonna stomp those socs real good," Steve escaped Soda's grip and whipped out a hand, urging soda to arm wrestle, "teach em' not to mess with us greasers!" Soda took Steve's hand, his mouth was set in a straight line and his jaws were tightly clenched.
I looked at Darry and a little smile spread across his face and he threw me a wink. The worry had left his eyes and it was long gone.
Two-Bit grabbed a bottle of beer out of the fridge and popped the cap, "let's celebrate ow!" He hollored, pumping a fist in the air and taking a big gulp of beer.
Dallas took off his jacket and threw it on the couch, accepting Two's invitation to get drunk.
Ponyboy smiled widely and quickly hopped off the couch, he ran to join Two-Bit to watch Mickey.
I looked over at Johnny whose eyes were fixed to the ground. I knew Johnny didn't like rumbles because they reminded him of his folks, shoot they beat him enough.
His dark brown eyes lifted to meet my gaze and I knew that he was worried.
I grabbed his hand and gave him a reassuring smile, my other hand rested on his cheek and I ran my thumb over his scar.
He smiled back at me and I kissed him gently on the lips and I felt his tense body loosen.
"So Dally," Two spoke up, causing everyone else, including Johnny and I, to avert our attention to them.
"Who were the socs you fought with anyway?" He said taking a sip of beer.
Dally shrugged, "I don't know man, but one of the guys was wearing a couple rings that's how I got this nasty cut on my arm," he lifted his shirt sleeve to reveal a two or three inch gash on his upper arm a little below his shoulder.
I felt Johnny tense up again and As if on cue, Ponyboy Johnny and I all looked at each other and gasped.
We knew Dally was talking about Bob Sheldon and his gang of socs, that's when my eyes darted to Johnny's scar, the scar that Bob had given him not too long ago. We also knew what "broad" hung around those guys.
Dallas wasn't kidding when he said he had screwed up, because he had hit on Cherry Valance.

*A/N*

I'm sorry it took so long to update! I've been really busy lately and honestly, I've had a bit of writers block on this story lol.
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Sorry again for such a long wait. I love you guys!💘💖💞💕💓
-Stay Gold!🌅✨